Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
Mr.T.

Default Very slow ethernet speeds with Displaylink adapter

I have the Diamond Displaylink hub on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2015). With the latest 0.1 Alpha drivers I am (for the first time ever) getting the HDMI output to work. Yay! However, I am getting very slow ethernet speeds.

The speeds have never been stellar, but we recently got a new Gigabit internet service to the house and I was expecting faster speeds on the laptop. It is not the cabling because even connected directly from the Displaylink to the router I only get about 75 to 100 mbps. My other laptop, which is a Lenovo Windows 10 machine with a Lenovo dock is getting 700 to 800 mbps on the same cabling.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if 75 to 100 mbps is as fast as I'm going to get with the Displaylink (which means I'm actually better off using wifi), or is there settings that I have not optimized? I have already gone into the System Preferences - Network - LAPDOCK - Advanced and looked around but I don't see anything obvious.

Thanks in advance.
Mr.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #2
Maago

Default same here

long time ago in this post .. but I bought a new DisplayLink device and noted the same issue together with MacOS.
Bad network speed whereas WiFi is working fine
Maago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:25 PM   #3
ssul

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T. View Post
I have the Diamond Displaylink hub on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2015). With the latest 0.1 Alpha drivers I am (for the first time ever) getting the HDMI output to work. Yay! However, I am getting very slow ethernet speeds.

The speeds have never been stellar, but we recently got a new Gigabit internet service to the house and I was expecting faster speeds on the laptop. It is not the cabling because even connected directly from the Displaylink to the router I only get about 75 to 100 mbps. My other laptop, which is a Lenovo Windows 10 machine with a Lenovo dock is getting 700 to 800 mbps on the same cabling.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if 75 to 100 mbps is as fast as I'm going to get with the Displaylink (which means I'm actually better off using wifi), or is there settings that I have not optimized? I have already gone into the System Preferences - Network - LAPDOCK - Advanced and looked around but I don't see anything obvious.

Thanks in advance.

same here, no more than 100 mb, with other ethernet adaptor I have more than 200 mb.
ssul is offline   Reply With Quote