Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-28-2021, 12:05 PM   #1
DelphiABall

Default USB 2 slots Not working on BigSur

I have a Wavlink USB3.0 Dual Video Docking Station.
I've noticed recently that the USB 2.0 ports are NOT working on the docking station.
They are still powered, and devices plugged in will charge, but, they are not showing up on the mac, unless I move them into the USB 3 port on the dock.
I've downloaded the latest 1.3.1 software to check, and also rebooted the hub.
Any thoughts on what might be the issue?
Thanks in advance.
(Running 11.3.1 macOS Big Sur)
DelphiABall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #2
VladimirM

I also experience problems with USB on BigSure, M1 MacBook Pro 13". I have Dell D6000. I'm not sure it is USB2 only though. In my experience it is rather random. Some times it is the webcam, sometimes it is the speakers or the TimeMachine HDD on USB3.

One thing which helps is to power off the dock if you do not use it. Power on before connecting and connect the MacBook with the lid open. In this case, the chance to see all USB devices is the highest... I close to send it back...

PS. And yes, I checked the firmware. It is the latest one. For the firmware update you need a Windows PC, but not necessarily one from Dell ;-)
VladimirM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:26 AM   #3
billcalhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
I also experience problems with USB on BigSure, M1 MacBook Pro 13". I have Dell D6000. I'm not sure it is USB2 only though. In my experience it is rather random. Some times it is the webcam, sometimes it is the speakers or the TimeMachine HDD on USB3.

One thing which helps is to power off the dock if you do not use it. Power on before connecting and connect the MacBook with the lid open. In this case, the chance to see all USB devices is the highest... I close to send it back...

PS. And yes, I checked the firmware. It is the latest one. For the firmware update you need a Windows PC, but not necessarily one from Dell ;-)
Hi,

When you mention, "power off" the dock, should this be done every day? Gosh, I leave mine on all the time.

Great insight! Thank you Sir Vlad'
billcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
DelphiABall

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post

Mine is very constant, regardless of the state of the hub during power cycles for the mac. It's just not registering the USB2 slots on the mac, but they are powered.
DelphiABall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
KTWerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiABall View Post
I have a Wavlink USB3.0 Dual Video Docking Station.
I've noticed recently that the USB 2.0 ports are NOT working on the docking station.
They are still powered, and devices plugged in will charge, but, they are not showing up on the mac, unless I move them into the USB 3 port on the dock.
I've downloaded the latest 1.3.1 software to check, and also rebooted the hub.
Any thoughts on what might be the issue?
Thanks in advance.
(Running 11.3.1 macOS Big Sur)
I am having similar issue. The USB Port on (left side of) my MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.2.3) was not recognizing the secondary monitor (AOC e1659FWU) at all. For awhile my monitor wasn't "powering up" and now that is is (randomly) it is lit up but purple and my laptop doesn't recognize it at all. I've tried everything! I thought maybe it was the cord because when I first purchased it, I had a similar problem but then it resolved itself for a few weeks. Now I am wondering if it's the monitor itself, the cord or what!? I don't have time for this! Does DisplayLink monitor these threads?? It sounds like a lot of people are having this issue today.
KTWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:43 PM   #6
maryf

Is there a resolution to this? USB 3 works but not USB 2
maryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 11:58 AM   #7
alaburie

Default USB 2 Not working

Hello , same issue here;

USB 3 Works perfectly

USB2 Not working at all.

Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1