Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-08-2023, 02:53 PM   #1
shamoneyoudontknown

Default Is Audio over HDMI/DP supported?

Hi all,

I hope this the appropriate place to ask this question, as I have found no conclusive yes/no on this matter.
I have not been able to use the internal speakers of my monitors through DisplayLink using different docks, operating systems, monitors and cables. The monitors don't show up as an audio device in any OS. DisplayLink Manager is updated to the latest version on all devices.

I've tried:
operating system: Windows, macOS
Docking station: Wavlink WL-UG69-PD Pro, QGeem Thunderbolt 4 Hybrid Dock
Monitors: BenQ PD3200U, Iiyama prolite xb3288ushu, Iiyama prolite e2473hds, iiyama prolite PL2783Q
Cables: multiple HDMI, multiple DP

I hope someone can give me a conclusive answer or possibly help me resolve my issues. Thank you!!
shamoneyoudontknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 12:04 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoneyoudontknown View Post
Hi all,

I hope this the appropriate place to ask this question, as I have found no conclusive yes/no on this matter.
I have not been able to use the internal speakers of my monitors through DisplayLink using different docks, operating systems, monitors and cables. The monitors don't show up as an audio device in any OS. DisplayLink Manager is updated to the latest version on all devices.

I've tried:
operating system: Windows, macOS
Docking station: Wavlink WL-UG69-PD Pro, QGeem Thunderbolt 4 Hybrid Dock
Monitors: BenQ PD3200U, Iiyama prolite xb3288ushu, Iiyama prolite e2473hds, iiyama prolite PL2783Q
Cables: multiple HDMI, multiple DP

I hope someone can give me a conclusive answer or possibly help me resolve my issues. Thank you!!
Speaking in general, DisplayLink-based products that provide an audio signal via the video outputs will expose this audio output via a name such as 'USB Audio' or perhaps the name of the DisplayLink-based device. This will be different than when the monitor is connected to the host directly, in that the monitor name will appear as a audio output destination.

To put that another way, when a DisplayLink-based device is providing the audio signal the 'label' of the audio output will be different as compared to when a monitor is directly connected to the host computer.

I would suggest reviewing which audio output devices are present on your computer and trying each of them one at a time.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote