Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
PatrickM

Default USB Ethernet connection problem

I recently bought a brand new HP Spectre X360 laptop and it has no RJ45 ethernet connector. So I bought a DisplayLink USB graphic adaptor which also has a ethernet RJ45 connector. I can use the video card to drive another monitor and the network connection goes well with 99% of all the websites I go to. However, I could not connect with Interactivebrokers log on screen after many tries. If I disconnect the wire cable from the USB adapter, I can connect immediately (thru the wifi connection).

I would really appreciate if you could give me some help on this. I bought the Displaylink USB adapter was actually for getting higher speed and stable connection using the wired connection ( I use this for doing online trading).

There is test page from Interactivebrokers which allow user to check the connectivity to their servers:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/conn_test.pl

with the wire cable thru the Displaylink USB adapter, it failed every test.. but once I disconnect the cable, (use only wifi connection), it gets successful connections.

I also share with you the link from Interactivebrokers on the connection issues for your reference :

https://ibkr.info/article/2807

would be great if you could offer some ideas what could be the issue and anything I can do to "adjust" the USB adapter setting so that I can connect with "wired" connection.
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethernet, ports, usb, wired connection