Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
OKSnoey

Default Displays reset frequently in Dual Monitor Mode

Config: HP Envy Notebook with Intel Core i7-5500U running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. 16 GB of 1600Mhz RAM

Running extended display with 2 hp ZR24440W Displays (1 connected via HDMI and the other via DVI). The HDMI is connected directly to the notebook (have tried it both ways). The notebook display is usually disabled.

The issue is that the displays frequently go into bouts of resetting. During these periods the resets occur approx every 20 seconds.Between bouts things seem relatively calm.

I have gone through the DisplayLink checklist. All drivers (USB, Monitor, graphics, DisplayLink, ..etc) plus Bios are up-to-date. I've checked the cables. The monitors work fine independently. It also works fine with just a single monitor (either one) plus the notebook display in extended mode. I've also disabled the USB power down timeouts.

I've attached the Zip file output from the DisplayLink tool in the subsequent entry below
Attached Files
File Type: zip OWENSNOTEBOOK_20160921_093538.zip (1.54 MB, 1 views)
OKSnoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
OKSnoey

Any Updates? The DisplayLink product is no longer workable for me. The resets happen so frequently that I don't have time to type between them. I've disable my 2nd monitor and am now working solely off of the notebooks display and one of the HP ZR24440W Monitors that is connected via HDMI. I need some help here. I've done everything that has been proposed in this forum previously. And, the problem still persists. What is the status of the diagnostics report that I've submitted?
OKSnoey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
display reset, multiple monitors, windows 10