Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 09-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
Znert

Default Issues with Asus MB169B+ and Nvidia cards

As there seems to be no official support email address (or at least I fail to find one) I hope that you can help me.

So I just bought a secondary monitor (Asus MB169B+) for my traveling needs and try to get it working on Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.

Installation of the latest drivers worked just fine, but whenever I connect the display to my PC the driver seems to run into a loop (see bottom of dmesg attached) and I can't get any output. It just stays black after showing the Asus logo for a few seconds.

The reason I believe this is linked to having a Nvidia graphics card is because if I run my laptop with it's integrated graphics everything works just fine. Switching Nvidia back on will also result in no output (although it seems that evdi does not respond to the display being plugged in).

Switching to the Xorg drivers made matters even worse, as X seems to crash as soon as I plug the monitor in on both machines.

As you can imagine I am not super comfortable with Linux and so I don't know how to debug this issue any further and am dependent on your help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I otherwise have to return the device within two weeks.

Thank all of you in advance for helping me out!

~Znert

Some further hardware info:

PC:
Intel i7-3660S
Asus Z77-A
Nvidia GTX 970 (Zotac)

Laptop:
ASUS VivoBook S451LN
Intel i5-4210U
Nvida GT 840M
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ubuntu-Konsole_2016-09-01T13:11:58.110654.zip (1.36 MB, 1 views)
Znert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mb169b+, nvidia, ubuntu 16.04