Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
pmunsonlv

Default Windows 10 (Anniversary) with 4 monitors (2 DisplayLink)

Just upgraded and using version 8 drivers. Have 4 monitors. Display 1 & 2 are on my desktop using integrated display adapter. Displays 3 & 4 are on a wall and are using DisplayLink USB-HDMI adapters.

Before the upgrade to Anniversary Edition previously had monitors 1 & 4 mirrored and extended to monitors 2 & 3 (also mirrored). This worked great and was configured using the DisplayLink tray application.

Now I can only mirror 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 from within Windows display settings app.

I understand that the tray icon functionality will be returning in future versions, but will I be able to do what I did before, or has this functionality of choosing which screens to mirror been lost forever?

Thanks!
pmunsonlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,

Would you please be able to give us logs to look at?

I suspect what you have is a machine with the primary graphics drivers using WDDM v1.3 standard.
In that version, "DWM Clone" feature was not compulsory so not always implemented.
When we had access to the primary graphics card driver, we could override the graphics card primary features. However, with the new native DisplayLink USB graphics support of the OS, we have to use the OS calls and therefore cannot add clone to graphics drivers not advertising it.
If that's the case, the only solution would be to get new graphics drivers... and if they are WDDM 1.3, the machine is likely to be old enough for the graphics card manufacturer not to be very motivated.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anniversary, tray icon, windows 10