Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
shakman

Default Anxiously awaiting v7.1 release for Apple Cinema Display Support...

This is good news indeed. I am yet another customer with the same display and exactly the same symptoms as the rest of the folks. I hope software v7.1 works with the LED cinema display 27" (non-thunderbolt mini-displayPort).

Since you don't have this monitor to test, I would be happy to test a beta version of the software if that's possible. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for this update or just go find a different solution. Please let us know if we can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
The next release of software, v7.1 should be later this month, and is intended to pass DisplayPort compliance. Hopefully this should fix the issue with this particular display, however we do not have access to this exact model so cannot confirm what the issue is.

Wim
shakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #12
Gordon

Sigh. Still no joy here with the new drivers.

Wim - what can I do to provide you with further information?
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
shakman

Default Fail. Still does not work with apple Cinema Displays

I'm returning this item. latest firmware still doesn't work w/ apple cinema display 27". Please post when it's fixed. In the meantime, please update your web site to say that Apple LED Cinema Dispalys are NOT compatible with this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Sigh. Still no joy here with the new drivers.

Wim - what can I do to provide you with further information?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Casshern

I would like to return mine, too. I still cannot believe that displaylink let its customers without a fix. I kind of hoped displaylink would do something and waited to long to return the displaylinkdaptor. Now I guess its just another thing gaining dust here - and reminding me to never recommend any displaylink product.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #15
shakman

Default Wim, any updates on this thread? please? thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
The next release of software, v7.1 should be later this month, and is intended to pass DisplayPort compliance. Hopefully this should fix the issue with this particular display, however we do not have access to this exact model so cannot confirm what the issue is.

Wim
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
Howard Long

I have exactly the same problem as the OP: Lindy 43171, Apple Cinema Display 27" plus displayport to mini displayport adapter.

Attached are my logs.

I agree with other posters, the Apple Cinema Display is about as ubiquitous as it gets when it comes to displayport monitors.

Many thanks, Howard
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP14_20130125_083009.zip (270.7 KB, 0 views)
Howard Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
Howard Long

Same applies to OSX 10.8.2 running the Mac 2.0 alpha 2 drivers on an MBP 15" retina. The cinema display (note, this is a Cinema Display, not a Thunderbolt display) works fine when directly connected to the Thunderbolt/MDP ports of the MBP.

Many thanks, Howard
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (313.3 KB, 2 views)
Howard Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #18
stuart.doy

I also have a 27" Apple LED Cinema Display and am running a USB32DPPRO from Startech (which I understand is based on the DL-3500).

Their tech support advised that the monitor is not sending the required EDID information to the device and is therefore not switching the monitor on.

I carefully read all documentation before purchasing the device and found no mention of any such issues.

Is this likely to be corrected in a future release? If so when?

Will the cinema display work with a dock based on the DL-3900?

Any guidance would be appreciated as I now have over $300 of adapters that it appears I need to resell...

Debug information attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip STU-HP_20130225_171013.zip (2.07 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by stuart.doy; 02-25-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Attaching file
stuart.doy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 AM   #19
Gordon

Hi Wim,

Any update on this? We're getting close to 6 months without any resolution. All of the folk on this thread (and I'm sure many others) have been induced into purchasing equipment featuring the chipset on the basis of statements such as "High resolutions for any display (up to 2560x1600)" (emphasis added) made on your website. However, it is beginning to look like the chipset is incapable of running at 2560x1440 (or indeed at all) with the de facto standard graphic designers workstation monitor. There is and has been no disclaimer or notice to this effect on your web site or in your OEM partner's materials.

Your continued silence is very unhelpful. I'm sure that no-one here wants to consider bringing an action for misrepresentation or breaches of trade descriptions law, but what option are you leaving us? Please let us know what steps you are taking to remedy this issue as soon as possible.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Wim

We have been working on this issue. We believe there a hardware design fault on some early versions of these adapters, which prevent them working correctly with a small number of DisplayPort displays, one of which is the Apple Cinema Display.

We have made the vendors and the manufacturer aware of the fault and the change needed in January and it should be corrected in the latest adapters. I would suggest contacting the product vendor for a replacement, which includes the fix.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote