Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
joshuabsmith803

Angry Problem with Surface Pro and Displaylink after update to 8.1 and day of use

Wasn't using displaylink before upgrade to 8.1 on Surface pro, but had tried to install it before hand. Anyway bought a new displaylink usb3 unit and it worked for one day. I had installed the newest displaylink software and it was fine at first. But after I turned the system off for the night it wouldn't comeback up again. It doesn't even show the little UGA window in the tool bar. I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I even followed the board on intel that said to install their newest driver. Nope doesn't work. It won't even recolonize the unit when I plug it into the hub or directly into the computer.
I also tried the steps in here and that didn't work either.

So I have gone through the troubleshooting guide. Basically it doesn't seem to even recognize it when i plug it in. So the Device manager does't even show it up. I have tried two different cables. both light up the unit, but no response from the computer.

I have uploaded the diagnostic files.

Update:

Now I just noticed in windows Solve PC issues it says that DisplayLink drivers are not installed for my device!??? Yet I have installed them and when I run the software it says it is already installed. I tried the uninstall and clean, but same issues.??
Attached Files
File Type: zip JOSHTAB_20131122_010913.zip (1,022.3 KB, 2 views)
joshuabsmith803 is offline   Reply With Quote