Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2023, 12:16 PM   #1
bosurus

Default evdi module does not compile with Linux kernel 6.6.8-x

I'm using DisplayLink for Ubuntu V5.8 on Siduction Linux, a rolling Debian distribution.

This worked for me until kernel 6.5.12-1, beside the slow refresh problem, which does not interfere with my slow GUI application on the DisplayLink monitor.

Now with kernel 6.6.8-x, the DisplayLink evdi module fails to compile, so I cant use these kernel versions.

I searched and found, that /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.14.1/build/make.log tells about missing functions drm_gem_prime_fd_to_handle and drm_gem_prime_handle_to_fd. The header file /usr/src/linux-headers-6.5.0-5-common/include/drm/drm_prime.h contains definitions of these functions, whereas /usr/src/linux-headers-6.6.8-common/include/drm/drm_prime.h does not list these functions anymore.

I'm an occasional programmer, and kernel programming is far above my skills, so I cant tell if this is a bug or a feature.

Please take this information as a warning about future (Ubuntu) kernel versions.
bosurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 06:41 AM   #2
CyberTAZ

Hello,

I have the same problem on a Debian SID with kernel 6.6.x.
Is an upgrade planned?
CyberTAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 09:13 AM   #3
CyberTAZ

This works by placing the dev version of EVDI in the standalone installer.

Follow the instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comm...mment/kd5uqyw/
CyberTAZ is offline   Reply With Quote