Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 11-04-2022, 12:53 PM   #1
oierarias

Default Wavlink dock & HP computer, continously disconnects

Hi there!

I have a problem with the Wavlink dock, model: WL-UG39DH2, and HP portable computers, model HP 250 G8.
I am writing from an enterprise. We have bought some new HP 250 G8 computers, and also some Wavlink WL-WG39DH2 docks. When we try to use that docks on that computers, there where allways continous disconnections.

We connect 2 displays (VGA + HDMI) and ethernet cable to the dock, and we can see that the displays turns off for a few seconds (during the disconnection). Also the ethernet connection goes down during that disconnection.

We tried different units of that dock, on (also) different units of HP 250 G8 portables. Allways with problems.
But if we try that dock with another portable (Lenovo, Asus...) that works correctly, and also tried the HP 250 G8 portable with another different model of Wavlink dock, and also worked properly.

We tried everything, install diferent drivers, from Wavlink web, displaylink web, also HP web, all the drivers of the computer are installed, firmware and BIOS updated...we dont know what more can try with this, but it's a problem because we have many HP 250 G8 units and also THAT Wavlink dock model.

Any help?

Thanks!

Last edited by oierarias; 11-04-2022 at 04:43 PM.
oierarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
oierarias

We have already followed all the steps indicated on this page

https://support.displaylink.com/know...from-repeatedl

But the problem continues...

Maybe some rare and unexpected driver issue or incompatibility just between THAT model of dock & THAT model of portable computer?? Pls help us!

Thanks!
oierarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
MPIT

I have the exact same issue with the same laptop and hub.

Regardless of version of software installed from v9 to the latest, the black screen flicker ensues

I have reached out to WavLink direct and waiting on their reply.

Only difference I found is the HP uses USB eXensible 3.2 compared to 3.1 on other laptops that it works flawlessly on.

help
MPIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oierarias View Post
Hi there!

I have a problem with the Wavlink dock, model: WL-UG39DH2, and HP portable computers, model HP 250 G8.
I am writing from an enterprise. We have bought some new HP 250 G8 computers, and also some Wavlink WL-WG39DH2 docks. When we try to use that docks on that computers, there where allways continous disconnections.

We connect 2 displays (VGA + HDMI) and ethernet cable to the dock, and we can see that the displays turns off for a few seconds (during the disconnection). Also the ethernet connection goes down during that disconnection.

We tried different units of that dock, on (also) different units of HP 250 G8 portables. Allways with problems.
But if we try that dock with another portable (Lenovo, Asus...) that works correctly, and also tried the HP 250 G8 portable with another different model of Wavlink dock, and also worked properly.

We tried everything, install diferent drivers, from Wavlink web, displaylink web, also HP web, all the drivers of the computer are installed, firmware and BIOS updated...we dont know what more can try with this, but it's a problem because we have many HP 250 G8 units and also THAT Wavlink dock model.

Any help?

Thanks!
If you have not already done so, I would suggest turning the PCIe Link State Power Management and USB 3 Link Power Management advanced power settings to 'Off' for both AC and DC power in order to help rule those settings out as contributors to the current behavior.

Those settings may not be visible by default, so here are instructions for making the settings visible with the Windows Advanced Power Settings:

PCIe LSPM --> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

USB 3 Link PM --> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...s-windows.html

Once the settings are visible, set both of them to 'Off' for both 'Plugged in' and 'On Battery' power states and then reboot the laptop and then test the behavior again.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:52 PM   #5
MPIT

Well this has been interesting my troubleshooted "solution" is below

----***-*-*-

I have attempted the below and all tips in the troubleshooting article here https://support.displaylink.com/know...om-repeatedl#8

From more troubleshooting I have come to the current conclusions as below:

If, on these HP Laptops you have a fresh install of Windows 10 22H2 installed and nothing else, plug in the dock it will work and is stable. The default driver that Windows 10 uses is 9.3.3324.0.

This is the same driver as Dell has supplied for their docks here https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...driverid=vhpdw

This is where it may get bit strange/confusing etc.

If, you have the same laptop, but with Windows 11 22H2 installed and nothing else, the dock will get picked up by the device manager; but is very unstable; hence flickering screens behaviour returns. Remember this is without ANY DisplayLink drivers installed, but the default windows driver as on Windows 10 22H2.

If you install the Dell driver as above, the dock will get recognised, the connecting is a little bit stable, but the flickering behaviour ensues.

The only solution that I have found is for these laptops and the docks to be kept on Windows 10 until a fix is found.

To add to the Windows 10 solution, after installing the regular office apps that we use, I had to install the Dell driver as above as the stability was not there after installing programs for some reason.

This is in addition to enabling everything in the DisplayLink article on the laptop, power, sleep disabled etc etc.

This solution is on the assumption that there is no flicking occurrences.

----***-*-*-

SO that it at the moment.

Its back with WavLink support which did reply after 2 days - credit to them -
MPIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:50 AM   #6
stubbouk

Did you by any chance ever receive a fix from WavLink for this

We've just put a load of 250 G8's out there too and are having issues with multiple disconnects on W11

We aren't using the same docks and i've since found other docks that work flawlessly but typically the ones we have tons of are the ones having the issues!
stubbouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:34 AM   #7
waqqas
Banned

Default seggesion

The same as above, but disabling the displays in Windows display preferences. Again, leaving only the 570 displays (results in the same outcome as above, essentially fixed but leaving me without two of my displays).
waqqas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:38 AM   #8
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

As we would have to take a look at each case individually please make sure to gather logfiles and send them along with your detailed problem description here: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

It is best to include the following information:
- Did you see specific time/pattern of when the disconnections happen?
- Are you losing connection to all peripherals or just some - like monitors, USB devices, audio devices etc.?
- Did you test the dock with another computer to see if the issue carries?
- Did you check the USB cable and the USB port for damage, dirt etc?

Thank you.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote