Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
viktorb1

Default Screenshots and webcam take forever to load when using DisplayLink

Hi, I have the following setup:
- Macbook Pro M1 2020 (version 12.6)
- Dell D6000 (version 31.54)
- DisplayLink (version 1.7.1)
- Logitech C922 Pro Webcam (version 0.16)

I have 3 monitors attached, and the monitors and dock work as expected. The only issue that I keep running into is that when I try to take a screenshot on my mac, there is about a 1 minute lag between when I press the shortcut key to take the screenshot (CMD + SHIFT + 5) and when the dialog appears for taking a screenshot. This does not occur when I unplug the dock and try to take a screenshot on my laptop without any external monitors plugged in through the Dell D6000.

A similar problem occurs when I plug in my C922 webcam, both into the dock and directly into the laptop. There is a 1 minute hang time before the webcam loads and starts displaying the feed on the application that I am trying to use. If I disconnect the dock and plug in the webcam directly into the laptop, then everything works as expected, there is no hang time, and the webcam loads practically instantly on that application while using my laptop display.

I am not sure why this is occurring, but I suspect it has something to do with DisplayLink. If anyone could help me find a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate it. I attached my DisplayLinkInfo to this post. Thanks!

DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20221005_132440.zip
viktorb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktorb1 View Post
Hi, I have the following setup:
- Macbook Pro M1 2020 (version 12.6)
- Dell D6000 (version 31.54)
- DisplayLink (version 1.7.1)
- Logitech C922 Pro Webcam (version 0.16)

I have 3 monitors attached, and the monitors and dock work as expected. The only issue that I keep running into is that when I try to take a screenshot on my mac, there is about a 1 minute lag between when I press the shortcut key to take the screenshot (CMD + SHIFT + 5) and when the dialog appears for taking a screenshot. This does not occur when I unplug the dock and try to take a screenshot on my laptop without any external monitors plugged in through the Dell D6000.

A similar problem occurs when I plug in my C922 webcam, both into the dock and directly into the laptop. There is a 1 minute hang time before the webcam loads and starts displaying the feed on the application that I am trying to use. If I disconnect the dock and plug in the webcam directly into the laptop, then everything works as expected, there is no hang time, and the webcam loads practically instantly on that application while using my laptop display.

I am not sure why this is occurring, but I suspect it has something to do with DisplayLink. If anyone could help me find a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate it. I attached my DisplayLinkInfo to this post. Thanks!

Attachment 4282
Hello , Has this problem always been there or maybe the performance when taking screenshots dropped after some system or driver update ?
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 04:13 AM   #3
viktorb1

It has been there ever since I began using Displaylink
Old 10-29-2022, 04:48 AM   #4
viktorb1

I updated my laptop to macOS 13.0 and it appears to have solved the problem!
Old 11-16-2022, 05:06 AM   #5
viktorb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSznicer View Post
Hello , Has this problem always been there or maybe the performance when taking screenshots dropped after some system or driver update ?
I found out why this seems to be happening. I'm unsure if it's related to Displaylink, but basically the audio driver doesn't start up, so I have to manually turn it on using the command `sudo launchctl kickstart -kp system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod`. This is true after I restart the computer or put the computer to sleep. Maybe this is related to DisplayLink? I'm not sure...
Old 11-16-2022, 03:48 PM   #6
programmatic

Quote:
I found out why this seems to be happening. I'm unsure if it's related to Displaylink, but basically the audio driver doesn't start up, so I have to manually turn it on using the command `sudo launchctl kickstart -kp system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod`. This is true after I restart the computer or put the computer to sleep. Maybe this is related to DisplayLink? I'm not sure...
This fixes my issue here! https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68508
programmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:54 PM   #7
tim_the_bearded

Quote:
Holy Crap! I've been having all sorts of infuriating issues (including problems with my vpn client!) when using my dell docking station that weirdly only occur at home but not in the office (same dock) and this fixes that issue. I really hope DisplayLink sees this and can figure out what is going wrong and update the next version.
tim_the_bearded is offline   Reply With Quote