Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
proeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Microsoft has indicated this didn't make the scope for Creators Update.
We keep pushing for them to include this in the next version.
Regards,
Alban
I can´t believe on that...

So I have a product that was not cheap, and won´t works... And there is no workaround!

And we don´t know until when..... Terrible!
proeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #12
AlbanRampon

Arrow

It depends on your system and exactly which issue you are seing.
If which screen is the primary display has an impact you're seeing something else.
If you have a dual graphics card system, Windows 10 Anniversary and Creators Update will use the graphics card used for POST (BIOS and all). The workaround has been to disable the low end graphics card as then Windows is forced to use the card that's left.
Of course, you need to have a platform flexible enough to give you the control.

Where you can influence the timeline is by using the Windows 10 Feedback Hub feature in your OS, as the number of requests will make it even more obvious that people are relying on this.

You could use the following wording: "I can't use my high end graphics card through Indirect Display and this impacts graphics performance. Instead it's using the low end integrated graphics and I can't disable it from the BIOS".

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #13
superjack

Is this is fixed or will be fixed soon? There's a new update package from microsoft. I can`t use my display link anymore
superjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #14
kostanos

Default The same issue on Lenovo Ideapad 720S

I have the same issue on my Lenovo Ideapad 720S with NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I have connected one monitor through USB 3.1 + thunderbolt, on this monitor playing the game
and second monitor connected through the DisplayLink dock on the second USB 3.1 port, mostly I use it for wired network (Ethernet port)

in the last 2-3 weeks I have this bothering mouse freezing and game lagging issue. I suspect it after Nvidia driver update, but not sure.
The problem persists until I disconnect the dock, so it is definitely something related to dock + nvidia or dock + some other windows 10 driver.

my mouse and keyboard are logitech.

Wanted to highlight again, that just few weeks ago it worked perfectly since I have a dock for more than 4 months already.

BTW. I started to have the mouse freezing issue on Ubuntu 16.04 (I have dual boot on my notebook). The same, I suspect it is related to the latest drivers updates from DisplayLink and/or Nvidia, as before it never happened.

Also, this issue may be or not, related to another thread: https://displaylink.org/forum/showth...7638#post87638
kostanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:54 AM   #15
souro0408

Smile

Well, if you have the Windows 10 operating system, you can try turning on the game mode. It might help you reduce the lagging hopefully.
souro0408 is offline   Reply With Quote