Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Patso

Arrow Problems since changing Laptop...

Hi!
I run 4 monitors with the displaylinks adapters. I had them connected to my Dell XPS Studio 16 Laptop. OS is W7 Ultimate (Release Candidate) 64X. Also Vista Home Premium 64X. The graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 3670 512MB and everyting was running very smoothly no problem at all with both OS...

I just changed it for a new HP Pavillon DV6T Laptop. OS is W7 Pro 64X. The graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GT 230M 1GB.
I have the latest version 5.2.21746.0 installed. I’ve tried all previous versions with the exact same results.

Here it is: when the adapters are plugged in, my desktop extend’s to my 4 monitors and I can see them when I right click on my desktop and them choose “screen resolution”, but that's it. I can't open the Displaylink manager and have access to the different options to set the monitors like I want to...

When hover my mouse over the Displaylink icon in the system tray task bar the 4 display’s are there in gray instead of black. Also when I click on the Icon the displaylink manager link is also in gray instead of in black so I can’t open it.

Also when I open the NVIDIA control panel, under set-up multiple displays, it’s only showing me one monitor instead of 4…
So I need help to figure this out and make this work.. Any ideas of what I should do anybody…? Thanks!

Patrick

Last edited by Patso; 12-22-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
basilmir

Windows 7 already control everything just fine... no need to use other utilities.

Just open the resolution tab. And drag and drop the monitors in which order you want. Select each one and se it's resolution. Then choose which to clone and which to extend. DONE.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Patso

Thanks it's working fine now... Not sure why but it was not at first...

By the way will it be ever possible or is it possible now (I don't know how to), to stretch a wallpaper image across 2 monitors or more, 4 monitors in my case, and make it one big wallpaper...?

Pat
Old 12-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Martin

Hi Patso,

It is possible to have a different wallpaper on each display by using third party utilities. I'd recommend a google search. One I use is UltraMon.

Regards,
Martin.