Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #41
droberson

I have the same problem on multiple computers at a corporation.

Samsung S5 Ultra
Microsoft Surface Pro

Video app worked fine until Display Link was installed utilizing USB attached monitors
(Did not matter if Targus 3.0 USB dock or Dell 23" touchscreen was used)

Once Display link was installed, video app no longer played videos bought from MS store.

Uninstall all Display Link software AND
Uninstall / Re-install HD Graphics 4000 driver fixes issue.

Latest 7.1M software did NOT resolve the issue.

Need this resolved in a MAJOR way. CEO loves to watch movies on planes and also likes multiple monitors. Now I have to tell him to choose which one he really wants. CEOs generally don't have much patience for this kind of crap.

HELP

Last edited by droberson; 02-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.
droberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #42
Simba

Default Same issue here with netflix and Displaylink

I have a custom built AMD desktop with an nvidia gtx 560ti 2gb main gpu.

I have 2 display link usb adapters. This is what is listed in device manager.

DisplayLink Display Adapter (4301)
Plugable usb3-hdmi-dvi
usb to dvi-17

I did a clean install of the nvidia drivers...no display link devices connected or installed...no issues with netflix or any other software. (I am using the netflix app on my main monitor that is connected to my gpu.)

As soon as you plug in the adapter, Windows 8 pops up ver 7.0 of the DisplayLink installer..those drivers result in the mentioned issues with netflix and metro apps not working right.(and other software crashing.)

I removed the old drivers...rebooted..and installed the newest drivers from the DisplayLink Website(7.1 M1)....and same exact issues.

I wish this would be fixed by now...having to go back to 2 monitors instead of 4 is painful...but I can't deal with the issues that DisplayLink is causing me....making me consider replacing my Nvidia gpu with an AMD one that does eyefinity...a trash the Displaylink.
Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #43
rasold

Default windows 8 apps

dell s2340t
issues windows 8 apps Netflix and video apps, which you said working on.

win8 app map works sort of.
In SINGLE monitor hdmi connection usb connected same monitor s2340t app works great
when I connect multi monitor (hdmi to second display usb 3.0 to dell s2340t as primary) win 8 map app is sluggish non responsive. app opens but moving zoom functions only work after u move cursor to edge of screen for that selection

does not work in multi screen setup

any suggestions
rasold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #44
baboon

Angry Ditto

I just got a Surface Pro with the Targus dock and DisplayLink software with dual monitors before a long trip to China. Downloaded some movies for the trip and none of them worked because of this issue.

We did the same thing, uninstalled DisplayLink and the Intel display driver and then reinstalled the Intel display driver and video from the Xbox Store and Netflix played movies fine in the metro interface.

We have more folks at our company that want the setup I have but this is holding them up.

I submitted a ticket on DisplayLink's site but never heard anything back. They are only losing revenue for themselves by not fixing this.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
Dan Santee

7.2 has been released but does not fix this problem. The changelog makes no mention of it, so I assume they're still working on the fix for this.
Dan Santee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #46
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Santee View Post
7.2 has been released but does not fix this problem. The changelog makes no mention of it, so I assume they're still working on the fix for this.
This should be fixed in 7.2. Which video player are you using under Metro?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #47
Dan Santee

I'm using both the Xbox Video and Netflix apps - neither works (Surface Pro).
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
econ101

Default Netflix and Video fixed, but Displayport Video Choppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
This should be fixed in 7.2. Which video player are you using under Metro?

Wim
Thanks,
I'm using the HP 3005PR with a Samsung Display Port monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution. Dell XPS-12 I5, Intel 4000 Graphics

I installed the update, and have verified that DRM video is working (Netflix, XBOX video etc.)
However, the display on the Display Port monitor is so choppy that it is almost unusable. With the 7.1 drivers, the external video wasn't as perfect as the direct connection DP from the laptop, but it was acceptable.
With the 7.2 it is unacceptable
econ101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #49
Dan Santee

I was able to get it working. I had to fully uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and then connect. I had tried upgrading the first time and it did not work. Everything is smooth and playable. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #50
droberson

Got ours working..... On some computers, had to completely uninstall older version and video driver, then re-install.

Noticed that WIFI locked up after install of 7.2. Had to disable / re-enable adapter. (worked fine after that). This has happened on multiple machines.

XBOX video does work. However, have to start app on Laptop / Surface screen, then switch it to second monitor. App will not start on second monitor. Get an error.
droberson is offline   Reply With Quote