Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
SageAdvice

Default Display incorrectly sized, incorrectly redrawn

I have an Acer USB 3.0 Universal Docking Device using Display Link software connected to an Acer notebook with an Acer B223W external screen. The notebook screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and the external screen 1650 x 1050. With the external screen plugged directly to the notebook VGA out all is fine, I can extend or duplicate the display. If I connect the external screen to the Docking Device the external screen is not recognized by brand or model. It offers 1280 x 1024 as the recommend resolution for the external screen, leaving the notebook at 1366 x 768. If I accept this the display on the external monitor is initially completely filled, in this case with Outlook. But, if I scroll down the list of emails only about the top 3/4 of screen display updates, whatever was at the bottom remains unchanged. So, of course I quickly see the same email apparently in two different places. However, if I try to open an email in the non-updated area the double click is not recognized, only if I double click in the updated area. The same happens left to right, the edge of the screen does not update. If I close Outlook the non-updated portions of the screen remain as they were, showing parts of Outlook's display. The same happens with any program, Word, Internet Explorer etc. If I change the external screen resolution to 1024 x 768 the entire screen area updates and all behaves normally, except this setting makes all the text etc too big and I have to scroll around to see the entire page/list etc. All other resolutions behave as per 1280 x 1024 but with the updated area varying in size. In fact, it behaves as if a 1024 x 768 window is being updated and the rest is not, so at 1280 x 1024 about 10/12 ths is updated and so on pro rota. It appears that the DisplayLink software display adapter is stuck at 4:3 aspect and one size whereas my screen is 16:9. Any ideas?
SageAdvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Do you have another video cable you can try to connect the dock to the monitor? It's possible that the video cable is preventing the monitor's EDID from being read correctly hence the limited mode choice.

Regarding the corruption can you attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool which will be in a folder called "DisplayLink Support Files" on your desktop.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
SageAdvice

Default Tried a different cable - no change

I've tried two VGA and 1 DVI cables, no change. I will try capturing a screen shot but it is a corporate machine with lots of restrictions on taking things out of the system or bringing things in.
SageAdvice is offline   Reply With Quote