Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #31
MAOJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to update you all, just in case you thought we had forgotten about in at DisplayLink HQ.

So we are still investigating the issue, and its proving to be pretty challenging, as right now Apple have yet to document what they have changed in the area that affects us. Therefore we are having to do some pretty in depth rummaging around to find out what has caused this issue.

As I've said before we are looking at this issue and are trying to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

Regards

Seb

It has been over a week, can we get an update?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
fhall1

This is causing an issue with Parallels and VMware Fusion. They both either bluescreen or blacscreen if you try to use either a bootcamp partition or "software" VM with displaylink drivers installed.

C'mon guys, lets get this fixed.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #33
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Hi All,

So at the end of last week we managed to review Apple's (public) source code and are not surprised to find out the update has broken us, as they have significantly changed (nearly 50% of the code) in some core areas we interact with.

We believe we have managed to get some form of fix to this issue, and are now reviewing the changes to ensure there are no major issues with the current change.

We are aiming to release a beta release as soon as we can, to enable all you affected, to have some form of usability back.

When i have a clearly understanding of when our initial tests are set to be complete i will update you all.

Again apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, we are trying to resolve this as quickly as we can.

Seb
Old 04-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #34
La_Tristesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Hi All,

So at the end of last week we managed to review Apple's (public) source code and are not surprised to find out the update has broken us, as they have significantly changed (nearly 50% of the code) in some core areas we interact with.

Seb
So this must happen even before 10.6.3 because I'm running 10.6.2 with Parallel Desktops 5.09344 and it isn't working either.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #35
Wim

Exclamation

Hi All

We've just released a new beta driver that should fix this. It's available here.

Thanks for your patience while we've been working on this.

Wim
Old 04-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #36
MAOJC

Can I get some feedback before rolling this one on? Anyone had any luck with it?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #37
Claus Stadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAOJC View Post
Can I get some feedback before rolling this one on? Anyone had any luck with it?
So far it seems to be working fine. Thanks a lot for the Beta!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #38
riverr02

So far so good! Also have it working with Parallels, allowing it to use all 3 screens (with the 2 attached to my iMac both in portrait). Thanks so very, VERY much!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
fhall1

Rotation is working with 10.6.3 on my iMac now...Parallels still won't load beyond a black screen unless I boot in safe mode - not sure if it's a Parallels or Displaylink issue. Fusion seems to be working ok now.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
pdimarzio

Just applied the beta and it's looking good for me too. Whew! Thanks ... will there be a post to this thread whenever the code exits beta stage?