Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
MCV

Default A ray of hope

After weeks and weeks of trying to get someone to respond, I got in touch with a wonderful person named Kim from DisplayLink's blog.

Kim wrote, "I realize things have been happening slower than we all would have liked on the Apple driver side. That said, we are continuing to work on the drivers, and we have not abandoned the support. It’s just slower than we had hoped."

I expressed to Kim the frustration level here on the forum and the fact that issues on the Windows beta driver side are regularly being addressed while the Mac side went neglected. Kim's response was, "Thanks for the detail. And I suggested just that to DisplayLink after your last email." She also wrote, "Thanks for your patience. More support is coming. Feel free to touch bases with me regularly for updates."

It sounds to me like someone will finally begin to monitor and address issues on the Mac side of the beta forum. For the first time I am truly optimistic.

Thanks again, Kim.

Last edited by MCV; 02-23-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
simplymuzik3

Wow, that is truly great news! It makes me feel a lot better knowing that Mac is still supported! Now I just wish they could release drivers more often. The last one was more than 3 months ago
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
MCV

Which driver are you using? The beta 7 driver came out 2 months ago in December, although it's not posted here on the DisplayLink forum.

Go to this site and click on the download tab for the latest driver:
http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=53
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
simplymuzik3

Yeah I have the beta 7 driver as well. My point is that it's still been months since a new Mac driver has been released. When I run my adapter at Full HD, there is quite bad lag, so I have to lower the resolution. Im still happy to know that they are aware of the issue now!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
MCV

I know what you mean. I can't play video on it at all. I have to use the monitor that is directly connected via DisplayPort for that.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
simplymuzik3

Yeah me too. I really want to have dual monitors with my mbp all the time, but I find myself not really using the displaylink monitor at all. I hope it gets better within the next few weeks!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
simplymuzik3

I also got contacted from Kim and I was told the Mac drivers are coming "VERY SOON". I hope that means within the week!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Mac OS X software. Please take a look at our recent announcement, which outlines some of the reasons as to why you have been experiencing performance issues with your DisplayLink device, and how you can help us to improve this.

Regards

Seb