Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Yubi

Default Constant refreshing

So I have had trouble with this device in the past and had to revert to 6.3 to make it work. That was fine for a while. Every now and then after a reboot I'd have to restart the service or something and it would kick back in and all would be well again.

Just this morning it got significantly worse. It causes display refreshing now... over and over again. The device will display on my TV for only seconds at a time ranging from 1-25 seconds at the most and then it will refresh all my display's and go to "No Signal" for a number of seconds before the actual desktop comes back up. Repeat this... forever... It does not stop and will just continue refreshing all my displays unless I stop the display link service.

I went through the stickied troubleshoot steps to no avail, the only thing that might not be as it should be is the hex code you get in device manager. In the thread it shows XXXX indicating a four character code while I only had a two character code (00).

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. 2 monitors running off my video card and a tv for my third display running off the DisplayLink adapter.

What the problem is?

EDIT: Forgot to add, I already attempted a system restore to yesterday when everything was working okay which fixed nothing(obviously).

Last edited by Yubi; 09-27-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Added Information
Yubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Wim

Sounds like the video signal from your DisplayLink device to the display is weak and sometimes the display is losing sync, showing no signal. If there is a window on the screen, does it get moved back to the primary screen when the screen blanks?

Are you using a long cable? That could be losing too much signal and causing the issue.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Yubi

Yes, whatever is on TV does move back to the primary and/or secondary display's. It often bounces back and forth as all screens are refreshing.

As for the cable. The original one was 10' I think, I have switched it to a smaller 6' one now though and it makes no difference.
Yubi is offline   Reply With Quote