Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
dejudicibus

Unhappy No way anymore to get IP address through Plugable Docking Station

I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. The OS is always kept up to date. So yesterday I used Lenovo Vantage to install the latest version of Realtek Ethernet Driver, as recommended, that is, Realtek Ethernet Driver - 10 [64] - V10.025.0119.2018. I rebooted and everything worked fine, even when the laptop is connected to the Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station.

This morning I switched on my laptop and began to work. Everything was ok for one hour, but at a certain moment the laptop disconnected from the LAN. I tries few ipconfig and netsh commands, thinking it was a LAN problem, but all the other devices worked fine. So I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the docking station and plugged in directly to the laptop and everything was fine again.

I made several tests: if the cable is plugged to the docking station, the IP address is the classic 169.254.11.174 that you have when a system cannot get an IP address from DHCP. The Plugable driver is DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM V2.34.22.0, that is, the latest, as far as I know. The cable works, so it should be a software problem.

Any idea?

Last edited by dejudicibus; 06-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.
dejudicibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
James C
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hi dejudicibus

I'd like you to follow the 2nd link in my signature to remove DisplayLink drivers using DisplayLink Installation Cleaner and Install the latest available driver from:http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

If this doesn't resolve the issue please follow the third link in my signature and reply with Windows Support Log Files (.zip). These files will allow me to analyse your issue.

Kind regards
James C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drivers, ethernet, plugable, realtek