Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
gnish

Default I can't install the latest USB to VGA drivers (V7.5 M2).

I can't install the latest USB to VGA drivers (V7.5 M2).

I get an error messages:
DisplayLink has detected USB graphics software installed from a different vendor. This software is not compatible with DisplayLink USB graphics software and must be uninstalled before DisplayLink can be installed.
More information>
http://displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=359
MCT (Magic Control Technology) USB graphics software is not compatible with DisplayLink and must be uninstalled before installing DisplayLink software. Use the steps below to uninstall MCT USB graphics software.

I have done:
2.Uninstall any software with the following names:
j5 USB DISPLAY ADAPTER, j5 USB Functional Docking Station, Installer for USB graphics device, MCT USB Graphics software
It is possible in some cases that the MCT software leaves its services installed. To remove these:
1.Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2.Right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3.If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4.Type "sc delete GManager" (without the quotes) and press Return
5.Type "sc delete MctUsbAudio" (without the quotes) and press Return
6.Type "sc delete mctkmd" (without the quotes) and press Return
7.Type "sc delete mctkmdldr" (without the quotes) and press Return
Reboot the PC after completeing the steps above and installing DisplayLink software.
Done Repeatedly.

I also have run the EndUserCleaner.exe tool, and created a DisplayLink Support Files file attached.

My problem is I can not remove any 3rd party software by following your instructions. I updated to Win8.1 months ago, everything has been running fine, until an optional 8.1 driver update was applied a few days ago, and I lost my second display. Nothing has changed hardware wise, it was the driver update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAGER_20140417_185543.zip (111.8 KB, 3 views)
gnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for the information - can you download the DlCompatCheck tool from here http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=111, run it and attach the file it generates?

You can find the file (named DlCompatCheck.log in C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Debug).

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote