Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
WSU-FacilitiesServices

Exclamation Support for Atom powered Windows8 yet?

Hello All,
I've found many posts, notes, and articles relating that there WERE issues with Atom powered win8 devices...

The last driver revision, version 7.0 M3, says clearly in red text that it does NOT support Atom powered Win8 machines.

The current (7.1 M0) driver does NOT give any such warning, more or less implying that there are no longer issues with Atom procs? Can anyone verify?

Currently I'm trying to get an additional display attached to a Samsung ATIV Smart PC (and dock) running Windows 8 Pro x32, and powered by an Atom (Z2760) and accompanying Intel GMA GPU; WITHOUT using the tablet's micro HDMI port.
Have attempted (and failed) using both:
HIS Multiview II (HMV2-Mac-PC)
or
eVGA UV Plus+ (100-U2-UV19-TR)

however the error below occurs regardless of whether the hardware (USB video adapter+monitor) is attached or not.

On every (re)boot, I get a error popping up in the system tray that reads:
"Incompatible display driver
DisplayLink USB Graphics software is not compatible with this graphics card or operating system. Please visit www.displaylink.com/software to check if a newer software version is available."

HAS the issue with Windows8+Atom procs been resolved?
If not, is there an anticipated fix-by goal date?
I need to know whether i need to come up with a totally different solution for my user group or if there's a way to fix my current endeavor.

Thanks in advance to ANY who might shed some light or share some advice!!!

Last edited by WSU-FacilitiesServices; 01-09-2013 at 07:56 PM.
WSU-FacilitiesServices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi

I'm afraid 7.1 M0 also doesn't support the Atom Z2760 graphics. Apologies for the lack of clear information.

All I can say is that we're actively working on this issue.

Regards,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
WSU-FacilitiesServices

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi

I'm afraid 7.1 M0 also doesn't support the Atom Z2760 graphics. Apologies for the lack of clear information.

All I can say is that we're actively working on this issue.

Regards,
James
Thanks for the verification James.
I guess I'll start working on an alternate solution.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
xkovi

Default No picture on ext. DVI monitor at Atom Z2760 tablet

Hi all,

I've just purchased HP Envy X2 Hybrid tablet, bulit on Atom™ Processor Z2760 platform. I'm trying to get working HP USB 2.0 docking station (HSTNN-S02X) and have the same issue...all other features (LAN via RJ-45, USB hub) are working except for the most desired - connection to an external DVI monitor :-(

Monitor remains blank with black screen, seems like no signal is detected...and on my main tablet screen I can see in addition an error message (attached) about problems with compatibility with my graphic card or OS...

So, are Atom Z2760 tablets supported or not? I'm on clean Win8 Pro OS...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display_link_error.jpg (13.0 KB, 5 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ENVYX2-VOJTA_20130115_180231.zip (448.1 KB, 0 views)
xkovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Wim

No - Atom tablets are not supported yet. We hope to have support for these by the end of Q1 2013.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
issacn

/subscribed

I am banking on this technology for an embedded application based around the Atom N2600 processor running Windows 7. The device will not have a screen or an extremely small one if it does and the VGA/LVDS connectors will not be accessible outside the case...only a couple USB connectors. So, very eager to see drivers for the Atom soon!
issacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
howlnwolf3

Default anything?

Any word yet on support for the Atom Z2760 graphics? I hope I can get this resolved before the deadline of when I have to definitely return the VisionTek Connect USB 3.0 to DVI adapter to the store. I've been stressing out on trying to get it to work right but I would get the same error message as above.
howlnwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Wim

Yes - we will have support for the Intel Atom in our next software release, which is just having the finishing touches applied.

Note, we have found issues with earlier versions of the Intel GMA 3650 graphics driver, that can cause it to crash when multiple displays are enabled. This seems to be fixed in version 9.14.3.1117 or later by Intel. However not all OEMs have released this version or later yet, so it's worth checking what the latest version available is to make sure the driver will work with our 7.2 release.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
howlnwolf3

Default when?

What would the ETA be, roughly, for the new version?
howlnwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
WSU-FacilitiesServices

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - we will have support for the Intel Atom in our next software release, which is just having the finishing touches applied.

Note, we have found issues with earlier versions of the Intel GMA 3650 graphics driver, that can cause it to crash when multiple displays are enabled. This seems to be fixed in version 9.14.3.1117 or later by Intel. However not all OEMs have released this version or later yet, so it's worth checking what the latest version available is to make sure the driver will work with our 7.2 release.

Wim
Exciting News!
We anxiously await the update!
Thanks!

Tags
atom, software not compatible, windows 8