Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Morkai

Angry Toshiba Dynadock Dual Display Freezes / Crashes

I recently purchased a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 (PA3927U-1PRP) and have been struggling to get it to work with my setup. Drivers were installed successfully and the device is recognized normally upon connection. After a random amount of time (but never more than ~15 minutes), the mouse freezes, the external keyboard stops accepting input and the displays either go black or freeze, continuing to show the last image. The computer continues to function normally (laptop display, keyboard, and trackpad are functional). If I unplug and replug in the main USB connector on the Dynadock, the laptop display flickers every 3-5 seconds, and I receive a USB error in the system tray. To get things working again, I need to unplug everything from the Dynadock, restart the computer, then plug everything back in.

The driver's are current, and I've tried performing all troubleshooting instructions on the DisplayLink website, including reinstalling Dynadock and graphics card drivers while also using the DisplayLink cleanup tool. It's also important to note that this issue occurs when I only have a single display connected to the dock with no other USB devices (i.e. it does not seem to be a peripheral incompatibility). I have the log file from immediately after the most recent crash, occurring on 1/22/14 @ 11:40a, available upon request.

Connected to Dynadock:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
- Dual 19" LCD displays
- USB keyboard & mouse
- External USB hard drive

Do I have a defective unit? Is this an odd driver incompatibility? Toshiba's technical support was no help, so I'm hoping to find something here. I'd love for this to work!

Last edited by Morkai; 01-22-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Morkai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, drivers, dual dislay, dynadock, freeze