Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2024, 06:41 PM   #1
rrees

Default Humanscale M2 Docking Station issues w/ USB-C (fixed w/ USB-A)... ANYONE ELSE?

So... we have Humanscale M2 connect docking stations that use a USB-C cable.

I have had in the past 2 weeks this issue creep up on a specific user, so we issued them a new laptop, issues resolved, but now is back again.

The issue is that when they connect their laptop to the USB-C cable, the laptop briefly recognizes the M2 connect docking station, then the 2 monitors, then their PC screen flashes black and the docking station/monitos are not recognized. It then repeats in this loop endlessly.

I've ran the latest cleaner tool and installed the most recent version of the display link driver, and still have the loop.

I thought... lets try the USB-C to USB-A adapter... and that fixed the issue...

How does this make any sense?!

Video of looping issue: https://rexford-my.sharepoint.com/:v...qCTrA?e=3LhSya

Thanks,

Last edited by rrees; 05-13-2024 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
rrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 12:12 PM   #2
ScreamCZE

Handshake issue between the dock and laptop. You should contact dock(s manufacturer and if they would look into it, they (or maybe to be more precise the manufacturer of the USB (or PD) chip) should make a new firmware.
Also, it could be a faulty USB-C cable - have you tried another USB-C cable that supports both Data and PowerDelivery?
ScreamCZE is offline   Reply With Quote