Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
Yermum

Default Trying to use Ultrawide Display on Mac Air M1

Hi,

I'm connecting a Macbook Air M1 2020 model to a dock with the Product code CATRIPLE4KDOCKPD. On this dock is an Ultrawide Display, 3440*1440 resolution, connected through HDMI.

With my previous dock, an old Dell thing, I was able to connect the display at its native resolution @ 30 and 60hz. 30 is obviously not an option, but when choosing 60hz the mac would push the display to Ypbpr mode giving me a purple hue that I had to fix by changing the EDID config, which is a pain (had to re-do it everytime I connected). I'm providing this info as background details.

With the new dock, the screen works in RGB mode (so that's a win) but it will default to 1920*1080. It will offer me 60, 100 and 120hz, but not any higher resolutions. I can choose 'nonstandard resolutions' in the mac display settings but that will only go up to 2560*1440 @60hz.

Now, I did install the Displaylink app you provide. It's a bit unclear which version you want me to use, but since the zip offers multiple revisions I took the one modified most recently in your file, which is the "macOS App 11, 12, 13 (1.9) version since my Mac uses Ventura 13.4.1 and that doesn't seem to be the same as 'MacOs 10.15' or any of the other options.

The app does launch, but it seems to not help in any way. It says no displaylink enabled display is connected. I also tried the 10.15 version which has less options in the app, but on top it will also say 'no monitor is connected'. Yes, permission for screen recording is enabled (yes, I did read the manual end to end).

In short, this 200+ euro dock is as of yet doing absolutely nothing to improve over the old dell dock. What to do?
Yermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 12:48 PM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yermum View Post
Hi,

I'm connecting a Macbook Air M1 2020 model to a dock with the Product code CATRIPLE4KDOCKPD. On this dock is an Ultrawide Display, 3440*1440 resolution, connected through HDMI.

With my previous dock, an old Dell thing, I was able to connect the display at its native resolution @ 30 and 60hz. 30 is obviously not an option, but when choosing 60hz the mac would push the display to Ypbpr mode giving me a purple hue that I had to fix by changing the EDID config, which is a pain (had to re-do it everytime I connected). I'm providing this info as background details.

With the new dock, the screen works in RGB mode (so that's a win) but it will default to 1920*1080. It will offer me 60, 100 and 120hz, but not any higher resolutions. I can choose 'nonstandard resolutions' in the mac display settings but that will only go up to 2560*1440 @60hz.

Now, I did install the Displaylink app you provide. It's a bit unclear which version you want me to use, but since the zip offers multiple revisions I took the one modified most recently in your file, which is the "macOS App 11, 12, 13 (1.9) version since my Mac uses Ventura 13.4.1 and that doesn't seem to be the same as 'MacOs 10.15' or any of the other options.

The app does launch, but it seems to not help in any way. It says no displaylink enabled display is connected. I also tried the 10.15 version which has less options in the app, but on top it will also say 'no monitor is connected'. Yes, permission for screen recording is enabled (yes, I did read the manual end to end).

In short, this 200+ euro dock is as of yet doing absolutely nothing to improve over the old dell dock. What to do?
Hello,
Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote