Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
Ela

Default Issues with connecting 2 external monitors

Hello,
I've connected 2 external monitors to macbook pro via docking station and I have issues with that.
First, I have DisplayLink manager installed and running, but in display's setting screen, I don't see anywhere Arrangment option.
The issue with my screens is only one of them is detected at a time and, apparently, which one is random. If it's Dell, the extended screens are mirroring each other. If it's ThinkVision, Dell is blank except for displaying error:

Quote:
The current Input timing is not supported by monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1080, 60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per monitor specification.
The timing always was 60Hz, the resolution of course differ, but I'm unable to set up resolutions for each screens, because it's detected only 1 at a time.

My setup:
MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey 12.2, processor 2,3GHz 8 core Intel Core i9
Docking station: HP USB-C Dock G5
Monitor1: Dell P2414H, connected via display port
Monitor2: ThinkVision P27q-20

Btw, this setup works perfectly with Windows and Ubuntu.
Ela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:13 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela View Post
Hello,
I've connected 2 external monitors to macbook pro via docking station and I have issues with that.
First, I have DisplayLink manager installed and running, but in display's setting screen, I don't see anywhere Arrangment option.
The issue with my screens is only one of them is detected at a time and, apparently, which one is random. If it's Dell, the extended screens are mirroring each other. If it's ThinkVision, Dell is blank except for displaying error:

The timing always was 60Hz, the resolution of course differ, but I'm unable to set up resolutions for each screens, because it's detected only 1 at a time.

My setup:
MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey 12.2, processor 2,3GHz 8 core Intel Core i9
Docking station: HP USB-C Dock G5
Monitor1: Dell P2414H, connected via display port
Monitor2: ThinkVision P27q-20

Btw, this setup works perfectly with Windows and Ubuntu.
Hello,
Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote