Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #21
dave_w

Default Experienced wakeup issues with OSX 10.10.2

Hi,

Just reporting consistent wakeup issues using 2.5 Beta 2 with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2, MacBook Air 11 inch Mid 2012, and a Kensington SD3500V dock.

Downgrading to 2.4 seems to have resolved the issue.

Dave
dave_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #22
ericslaw

Default had to disable hardware acceleration in chrome

recent reboot of MBP15" revealed odd rendering problems exclusive to my DisplayLink USB video cards.

I'm was running DisplayLink 2.4.64766.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5.
Upgraded DisplayLink to 2.5b2 but problem still exists.

Workaround: disable hardware acceleration in chrome advanced settings.

Does not seem to affect normal apps like outlook, iterm2, skype (no video), etc.
ericslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #23
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_w View Post
Hi,

Just reporting consistent wakeup issues using 2.5 Beta 2 with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2, MacBook Air 11 inch Mid 2012, and a Kensington SD3500V dock.

Downgrading to 2.4 seems to have resolved the issue.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Could you describe the kind of issues are you experiencing on Yosemite?

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #24
dave_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi Dave,

Could you describe the kind of issues are you experiencing on Yosemite?

Carlo
Sure. Every time I put the screen to sleep using a hot corner or by inactivity, the DisplayLink-connected screen would not wake up. The other displays (both the inbuilt and DisplayPort screen) would both awake. From memory disconnecting and reconnecting or restarting rectified the issue but obviously wasn't practical.

At other times I also had some inconsistent issues where nothing would show except the cursor and a black background on the DisplayLink monitor. Minimising windows via the menu bar would show the minimising animation to the dock on the DisplayPort screen from where they should have been on the DisplayLink monitor.

While I'm at it (not sure if it's been resolved already) but I had to start using the DisplayPort/Thunderbolt port rather than the second output of the Kensington dock a while back due to inconsistent arrangement of the monitors every time I connected. This happened after moving to Yosemite, and not before.

Dave
Old 10-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #25
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_w View Post
Sure. Every time I put the screen to sleep using a hot corner or by inactivity, the DisplayLink-connected screen would not wake up. The other displays (both the inbuilt and DisplayPort screen) would both awake. From memory disconnecting and reconnecting or restarting rectified the issue but obviously wasn't practical.

At other times I also had some inconsistent issues where nothing would show except the cursor and a black background on the DisplayLink monitor. Minimising windows via the menu bar would show the minimising animation to the dock on the DisplayPort screen from where they should have been on the DisplayLink monitor.

While I'm at it (not sure if it's been resolved already) but I had to start using the DisplayPort/Thunderbolt port rather than the second output of the Kensington dock a while back due to inconsistent arrangement of the monitors every time I connected. This happened after moving to Yosemite, and not before.

Dave
Thank you Dave,

We'll try to reproduce the first issue, the second is already being investigated. We introduced a workaround for the third issue in version 2.4, that should be fine now.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #26
TigerRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericslaw View Post
recent reboot of MBP15" revealed odd rendering problems exclusive to my DisplayLink USB video cards.

I'm was running DisplayLink 2.4.64766.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5.
Upgraded DisplayLink to 2.5b2 but problem still exists.

Workaround: disable hardware acceleration in chrome advanced settings.

Does not seem to affect normal apps like outlook, iterm2, skype (no video), etc.
I have also been seeing corrupted rendering of Chrome this morning. This is on Chrome Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit). OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. I recently upgraded to the 2.5b2 drivers - but have no idea if chrome recently updated itself. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't having this issue with he same config earlier in the week.

The workaround described by the OP also works for me.
TigerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #27
SusanMatt

Hi

I am experiencing El Capitan issues with 2.5 beta 2. My monitor attached via mini display port is actually blanking out and coming back continually since install. Previously, on 2.4, the DisplayLink monitor would blank out and not come back unless I unplugged and re-plugged in. Could this software be affecting the thunderbolt/minidisplay port monitor?

Everything is running through a Belkin Thunderbolt dock, which I will try running without.

Thanks,
Susan

Model Identifier: MacBookAir5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA51.00EF.B03
System Version: OS X 10.11 (15A278b)
Boot Mode: Normal
External Monitors: 2 ASUS DVI (1 via minidisplay port/thunderbolt, 1 via USB DisplayLink)
SusanMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #28
Sinan

Smile

I'm using 2.5 Beta 2 on a Plugable USB 3.0 4K with a 2012 Mac Mini and Apple Cinema Display(minidisplayport). All seems OK, except when running "Capo" the middle of the Capo window where transport head is stops moving. Or it turns black. The rest of the Capo App window works correctly. Focus rite Mix Control works, iConnectivity app does. VG-99 Editor works fine. These are the only Apps I have on that monitor. Just giving this as a feedback. I'm extremely pleased with the product.
Sinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #29
Comenius

Experiencing issues on 2.5b2 with latest version of Google Chrome on El Capitan. There's a weird visual glitch in the main content part of the tab, although the menus and bookmarks look normal. Firefox works fine. Chrome displays fine with the built in screen on the MacBook Air, but both external monitors exhibit this behavior. Screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9335.jpg (74.4 KB, 3 views)
Comenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 AM   #30
dave_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comenius View Post
Experiencing issues on 2.5b2 with latest version of Google Chrome on El Capitan. There's a weird visual glitch in the main content part of the tab, although the menus and bookmarks look normal. Firefox works fine. Chrome displays fine with the built in screen on the MacBook Air, but both external monitors exhibit this behavior. Screenshot attached.
I had this behaviour on Yosemite with v2.2 and v2.4 also, which is why i tried v2.5b2 originally. I think it may be a Chrome update that's caused it. Unchecking the following Chrome setting resolved it for me: Settings > Show advanced settings > System > Use hardware acceleration when available.

Dave