Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
prettyby7

Default Phantom 3rd Screen

DisplayLink,

I'm carrying over this issue since it was closed in the other thread.

Has there been any resolution to this issue yet?

Please advise,

Thanks
prettyby7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
ChristianP

Unfortunately this issue has not been solved yet. Anyway we will try to solve it, but at the moment I can't estimate when it will be ready.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
cshbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Unfortunately this issue has not been solved yet. Anyway we will try to solve it, but at the moment I can't estimate when it will be ready.
Come on, seriously? This has been a problem for months, and you reported months ago that you were able to reproduce it.

What do we have to do to get some engineering time dedicated to this? It’s a showstopping bug for those of us experiencing it. I’ve purchased three DisplayLink adapters over the years; it would be great to get support on this issue.
cshbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
kkoldewyn

I'd also like to note that some support on this issue would be great. We have users who won't even use their dock anymore because of the phantom screen. It seems to only happen after the computer goes to sleep. A restart will generally correct the issue but that's not really something that anyone would want to do throughout the day.
kkoldewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
cshbell

Default Still present in 10.7.3

This bug is still present in the just-released Mac OS X 10.7.3. Unfortunately.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #6
cshbell

Any update?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
prettyby7

Default Henge Dock Phantom 3rd Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshbell View Post
Any update?
Second that question....

I saw a new update just released. Does the new update resolve the phantom 3rd screen ChristianP?
prettyby7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
viper1701

Unhappy I am having this issue as well

Right now, I have one monitor connected via DisplayPort, another connected with DisplayLink, and my MacBook Air is closed. I can see that the MBA's screen is active because the Apple logo is glowing, and I have taken a screen capture of the System Preferences as well which shows three active screens.

Pressing "Detect Displays" doesn't help.

This is clearly an issue with the DisplayLink software, because this behavior does not occur if the drivers are uninstalled.

I'd be happy to help experiment on ways to fix the issue. I am fairly comfortable with the terminal. I've been wondering if there is a way to force the system to reevaluate which displays are active more thoroughly than the "Detect Displays" method does, but haven't found any success.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-20_1457.jpg (11.3 KB, 0 views)
viper1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Carlo
Mac Team

I'm afraid I don't have any good news for this clamshell mode issue. We're not really sure this is our issue since we can't directly modify the behaviour of the internal screens, but it may be a side effect of something we can avoid doing.

We have one possible lead and most importantly looking into this area as a whole so the hope is to come up at least with a convenient workaround for you.

As usual I prefer not to give time scales: you never know when the OS vendor decides to throw a spanner in our schedules.

Cheers
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
mikefoley

I would hope the OS vendor we're talking about would be interested in helping you solve this problem.

I wish we could dynamically load and unload the drivers in the meantime. Then at least I could script it.

Thanks for your efforts guys. It's much appreciated. Please keep us updated more frequently?
mikefoley is offline   Reply With Quote