Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-05-2020, 04:00 AM   #1
micve

Default No Monitor Detected - DisplayLink Manager 1.0

Since upgrading to MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, my external monitor is no longer working.

Within DisplayLink Manager it specifies that the connection status is No Monitor Detected.

When the external monitor is plugged in, it works for about 10 secs and then goes to the blue screen.

One thing I did notice after reading the help pages was that Screen Recording does not have any applications which have requested access to record the contents.
micve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please collect additional logfiles that will show us a bit more of what is happening in the background. You can find the instructions here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
yoderd

Default Also having this problem

There is no monitor detected after installation in the displaylink manager. The display manager app is not available for screen recording permissions either. When the screen is plugged in it has a "please wait" message in the center of the screen. I've attached my displaylink support logs
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20201019_154011.zip (484.4 KB, 1 views)
yoderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
wakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by micve View Post
Since upgrading to MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, my external monitor is no longer working.
I have exactly the same issue as you described after updating to 10.15.7
wakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:23 AM   #5
bjax

I'm having similar issue, but can oddly use the secondary monitor with the provided USB-C cable...

Obvious solution is to use the provided usb-c cable & let it ride, but want it to function correctly

Last edited by bjax; 10-21-2020 at 02:35 AM.
bjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #6
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoderd View Post
There is no monitor detected after installation in the displaylink manager. The display manager app is not available for screen recording permissions either. When the screen is plugged in it has a "please wait" message in the center of the screen. I've attached my displaylink support logs
It sounds like you are using Trio

There are two things to do:

1. If you are using Mobile Pixels Trio please make sure that the USB cable is connected to the correct USB port on the Trio. It should be connected to the port with a filled in circle not the port with the power plug. Otherwise it will say "Please Wait".

2. Make sure that your computer recognizes the device that is connected as the computer has to be the first to see the device. then if DisplayLink Manager is running it will see it too. If you do not see your DisplayLink device under USB bus or you are not sure how to check it please follow the article: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote