Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-02-2020, 01:52 AM   #11
fullondan

Default Newbie Install - Not working

I've just purchased the dual 4k displaylink and have connected my monitors - a 27" Class UltraFine 5K IPS LED Monitor (27" Diagonal) and a Samsung LC27F398FWNXZA Samsung C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor, connected to a mac book pro running 10.15.6 Catalina

The displaylink manager shows the samsung monitor connected. It does not see the LG monitor.
There is no picture in the samsung monitor

Not sure if this could be related to what this thread is talking about. If anyone has any ideas about why it is not working, I would appreciate the feedback.
fullondan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #12
lowvoltage

I'm having the exact same problem, purchased a StarTech USB3DDOCKFT to run dual monitors on two different laptops. Everything works great with the HP, but he MAC Book Pro running 10.15.6. The dual monitors show, but when you try to arrange them, you don't see monitor 2 at all everything is on monitor 1 and is mirrored over to monitor 2. Mouse will move over to monitor 2 but you can't click or use the keyboard on Monitor 2, it's just mirroring the display of Monitor 1.

If I download the Display Link Manager it will work, but you can't use Display Link Manager and have the macbook closed,(a know issue) which is how I have my two laptops on my desk in a stand both closed.
lowvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #13
Displaced-Link

Is there going to be a fix for this? Soon?

Without knowing about this problem, I purchased a brand new Totu Upgraded USB-C docking station for my brand new MacBook 2020.

Cannot get any external display to show. Even with the beta driver. I spent $200 on the dock, spent half a Sunday (1/4 of my weekend), and have nothing to show for it. If there isn't a fix very very soon, I'm returning the Totu. I'm not going to let $200 collect dust waiting for DisplayLink and Apple to figure out how to play nice.

Tomorrow at work (from home), I'll be hunched over staring at the tiny screen on the laptop that's sitting flat on my desk. As Bart Scott said, "Can't wait."

Last edited by Displaced-Link; 08-17-2020 at 04:33 AM.
Displaced-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #14
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

If you experience issues with legacy driver 5.2.4 and mirroring screens please upgrade your driver to version 5.2.5 available under following link: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1636

Users having different issues please collect logfiles by following article under this link and send it to technical_enquiries@displaylink.com along with the description of the problem you are having.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #15
empiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Dear users,

If you experience issues with legacy driver 5.2.4 and mirroring screens please upgrade your driver to version 5.2.5 available under following link: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1636

Users having different issues please collect logfiles by following article under this link and send it to technical_enquiries@displaylink.com along with the description of the problem you are having.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
Thank you very much!

This update has worked for me and I can finally have 2 screens again.
I can't speak on clamshell mode at the moment as I don't use it, but I will be testing at some point.

For some context, mostly the same as everyone else.. everything was cruising along until I updated from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6. But now with this later driver everything seems back to normal
empiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #16
cgg1323

Has anyone else gotten this driver to work? I just downloaded it and went through the process and it's still not working for me.

I have a Dell D6000 and as soon as I plug in the USB C cable to my computer (or the HDMI cable to the Hub), the screen on my MBP will switch back and forth from desktop to black. I can tell my computer is trying to connect because my touchbar is also switching between showing "extend" & "mirror" buttons and back to "home."

I'm able to get power from it, but nothing else. I've also made sure that the 5.2.5 Extension is notarized properly and that DisplayLink has been given the Screen Recording privilege, based on the support articles they've posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empiree View Post
Thank you very much!

This update has worked for me and I can finally have 2 screens again.
I can't speak on clamshell mode at the moment as I don't use it, but I will be testing at some point.

For some context, mostly the same as everyone else.. everything was cruising along until I updated from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6. But now with this later driver everything seems back to normal

Last edited by cgg1323; 08-20-2020 at 10:39 PM.
cgg1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #17
LittleSepDude

Default Same issue as cgg1323

I have a user with an iO dock. As soon as he upgraded from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6, his external monitor no longer worked. Everything else connected to the dock works, including Ethernet and charging.
When the external monitor is connected to the dock, the system freaks out and BOTH the macbook and external monitor go black as if the system cannot figure out which screen to use. When connecting the external monitor with an Apple display adapter directly to the macbook, the external monitor works just as it did prior to 10.15.6 and the laptop screen works as well.
Any suggestions?
LittleSepDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #18
HectorLarks1

Thumbs down You must be joking with 5.2.5

5.2.5 is crashing all the time. I can just have one app open and it stalls and crashes. Screen resets. Um. No thanks. Try again developers. 5.2.1 was the last stable build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Dear users,

Thank you,
Katarzyna
HectorLarks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #19
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorLarks1 View Post
5.2.5 is crashing all the time. I can just have one app open and it stalls and crashes. Screen resets. Um. No thanks. Try again developers. 5.2.1 was the last stable build.
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please gather the logfiles and contact us directly as mentioned in my original message and we can help and take a look at what is happening with the driver on your side as this is not a common behaviour.

Thank you,
Katarzyna.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #20
am_mac

Default DP works but HDMI does not!

Have been reading through all the comments but did not find this peculiar issue here.

My DP link works (both the ports) but HDMI does not, this is a docking station I recently purchased TOTU upgraded 4K and strange to see DP work (after following the protocol/steps) but the HDMI is not!

MAC OS 10.15.6
Display Manager 1.1.0
Build 54.91
am_mac is offline   Reply With Quote