Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
bokumori

Default ScreenRotation does not work m1 macbook air

On my macbook air m1,Display connected by displaylink(Dell D6000 and Wavlink USB3.0 Dock) can not rotate screen.
In setting.app>display,there is rotate option,but after select rotate angle,the display freeze untill timeout.

These Displaylink adapters works fine including rotation on Intel Mac(11.0,1)
bokumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
esmoger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokumori View Post
On my macbook air m1,Display connected by displaylink(Dell D6000 and Wavlink USB3.0 Dock) can not rotate screen.
In setting.app>display,there is rotate option,but after select rotate angle,the display freeze untill timeout.

These Displaylink adapters works fine including rotation on Intel Mac(11.0,1)
They have a message pinned at the top of this forum that states that the current DisplayLink software does not support rotation on M1. Sounds like they'll have it working in a future update.
esmoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:54 PM   #3
dilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoger View Post
They have a message pinned at the top of this forum that states that the current DisplayLink software does not support rotation on M1. Sounds like they'll have it working in a future update.
Facing the same issue. Is there an ETA for the rotation support for the monitors?
Thanks!!
dilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
davss

Same here, two of my monitors are vertical and no more space to switch to horizontal hence unusable atm.
I'd consider an ultra wide 49" to replace my 3 existing but after doing some research there isn't any good options to buy atm and a lot of them fail due to bad hardware, QC or critical features still missing.

DL please give us an ETA as we need to know whether it's weeks or many months like before.

Last edited by davss; 12-01-2020 at 08:55 AM.
davss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
helixpt

Same here, currently unusable screen since I cannot move it to horizontal. Would love to get either an ETA or a beta version to help out with testing.

Keep up the awesome job guys.
helixpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
bokumori

DisplayLinkManager1.2 released,but screen rottation still does not work.
bokumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #7
joshuaewing

Same here on 1.2; still freezes on rotate. Didn't see this mentioned in the release notes, however was hoping it made it in.
joshuaewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #8
davss

Same here, it was very nice to receive a notification message from Jakub about the new release - thank you! However, was quite disappointed when noticed the screen-rotation for M1 is still not working and in H section i.e. known issues which makes my two vertical monitors unusable.

I'm now starting to seriously consider dropping DL completely from my setup by replacing MBA M1 with a Mac mini M1 and connecting natively via USB-C 2 x 49 inch ultra wide monitors instead so I don't rely on DL anymore as otherwise it's months of waiting for updates to drivers to be able to use my extra screens and get work done quicker.

It's been 4 months since previous release and was really hoping to be able to use my monitors but it turns out would have to wait another 3-6 month..? It's a shame but understand they're very busy at DL although delays on their side is affecting my productivity in a bad way hence time to think about the change (as I did with MacBook Pro 16 with 4 USB-C ports and native screens support - unfortunately the machine was badly designed in terms of thermals + Intel drop/M1 release = forced me to go back to constant and never ending struggle with a simple thing such as connecting 3 extra screens for not demanding office use).

Last edited by davss; 12-15-2020 at 11:07 AM.
davss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #9
sergiozun

Default Same here

Happy to participate in any Alpha / Beta program to test this needed feature!!
sergiozun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
helixpt

Same here sign me up for any beta. Do you guys have any kind of eta for this feature?

This would help me decide if I shall sell my current multi display setup or not.

All the best
helixpt is offline   Reply With Quote