Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
Cwiiis

Default Issue with blinking cursor and gradual increasing screen-update lag

I am using the latest drivers (7.9 M4) on a Windows 10 laptop with Intel HD4400 graphics (also latest updates and latest drivers) and a Woopower Lapdock.

The cursor blinks periodically, permanently. While the cursor disappears, it seems to have a corresponding screen-update lag. When the machine is newly started, this blink is very fast and the lag is not noticeable at all, but the longer the machine is on, especially after the display has gone to standby or the machine has resumed from suspend, the period the cursor disappears becomes longer, as does the corresponding screen-update lag.

Oddly, this cursor blinking does not happen on the enter-password machine unlock screen, but resumes immediately after unlocking, and does happen when displaying the lock screen before showing the password prompt.

The compatibility check passes, I have attached the logging information.

Any advice/help gratefully received!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWIIIS-XPS12_20160212_094341.zip (950.3 KB, 1 views)
Cwiiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,
The behaviour you describe looks like something we are fixing for 7.9 M5, our next release.
We are currently doing the testing for it. Hopefully I plan on putting it on the website next week provided the testing doesn't uncover any show stopper.
If you wish to try our release candidate in the meantime, please create a support ticket with your the following information:
- attach the zip and
- mention the URL of this post
by sending an email to technical_enquiries@....com or using the contact form under support.displaylink.com

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
Cwiiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampon View Post
Hello,
The behaviour you describe looks like something we are fixing for 7.9 M5, our next release.
We are currently doing the testing for it. Hopefully I plan on putting it on the website next week provided the testing doesn't uncover any show stopper.
If you wish to try our release candidate in the meantime, please create a support ticket with your the following information:
- attach the zip and
- mention the URL of this post
by sending an email to technical_enquiries@....com or using the contact form under support.displaylink.com

Kind regards,
Alban
Thanks Alban, I just sent the e-mail (I assumed the missing part is 'displaylink').
Old 02-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #4
Cwiiis

Just to follow up, I was sent a link to the M5 release almost immediately, and it completely fixed my problems - that release is now available to download on the driver download page. Top marks for customer support!