Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
PhilPotter

Default Forcing defaults for all users

Dear all,

We run a displaylink USB to VGA adapter in one of our rooms in order to mirror a display to a projector. The problem we are having is that as we run a network with about 800 users, we need to be able to 'force' the default to be mirroring when a user logs in - for some reason it is often defaulting to 'extend' rather than 'mirror'.

I don't mind users being able to change this 'after' they log in, but I want the default to be mirrored - is there some way of controlling this through a registry edit or such like? It would be useful to be able to control settings such as this and maybe resolution as well, through a registry edit that would centrally affect all users of the machine in question. Many thanks.

Regards,
Phil Potter
A School in the UK
PhilPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
classnetdd

I think you can try this but I take no responsibility if this messes up your pc as it involves changing the registry. You can change the value of "Extend" to :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Products\D efaultProduct\OnNewDevice]
"Activity"="Mirror"

Now what I am looking for is for all users to come in as "mirror" and have a fix resolution. Can't seem to figure that out yet and it seems to revert back to the preferred display mode.
classnetdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
configuration, default, registry, usb, vga