Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2021, 12:28 AM   #21
RobstaRobotard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard View Post
I've put together a build script that I use already for my Ubuntu setup... Working for 5.9.16, and just installing 5.10.4 to test that too... But the results from above already speak for themselves... (Thank you bro )

Hopefully this can simplify the process...

It downloads the current DisplayLink, then updates the EVDI folder from the above instructions...

https://github.com/robotard/setup-ub...kdownloader.sh

You may also need to run this to start the service after reboot:

sudo systemctl start displaylink-driver.service

Let me know if it helps
I could probably expand upon it to check whether the current Displaylink is above 5.3.1.34 and install that without the need for any patches, but that's on DisplayLink to fix their sh$t first...
RobstaRobotard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:24 AM   #22
RobstaRobotard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Hopefully updated the script for newer DisplayLink releases...

Please let me know if it works for you and always...

** Test with your own care**
RobstaRobotard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #23
andy_g
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard View Post
I've put together a build script that I use already for my Ubuntu setup... Working for 5.9.16, and just installing 5.10.4 to test that too... But the results from above already speak for themselves... (Thank you bro )

Hopefully this can simplify the process...

It downloads the current DisplayLink, then updates the EVDI folder from the above instructions...

https://github.com/robotard/setup-ub...kdownloader.sh

[AS PER BELOW - I've updated my script to allow for newer DisplayLink updated to not be automatically be patched]

##IMPORTANT##
You may also need to run this to start the service after reboot:

sudo systemctl start displaylink-driver.service

Let me know if it helps
Thanks for this but I'm getting a 404 trying to download your script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvergontbij View Post
As per January, 1st 2021, all changes have been pushed to branch v.1.7.x: #225.
...
Tested on Ubuntu 20.04, kernel version 5.10.2 (-surface).
Hope that helps.
Yep that works perfect for me on 5.10.4 0 - thanks so much!

Last edited by andy_g; 01-04-2021 at 09:30 AM.
andy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #24
GeFar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_g View Post
Thanks for this but I'm getting a 404 trying to download your script?


Yep that works perfect for me on 5.10.4 0 - thanks so much!

20.10 + 5.10.4 = Still does not work for me:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67495

Sympthoms are exactly the same (I see monitors plugged to the dock... but those all are forced disabled...).
Not a harware problem. (Still wroks fine in Windows, but stopped to work in Linux).

Last edited by GeFar; 01-04-2021 at 11:38 AM.
GeFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM   #25
andy_g
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeFar View Post
20.10 + 5.10.4 = Still does not work for me:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67495

Sympthoms are exactly the same (I see monitors plugged to the dock... but those all are forced disabled...).
Not a harware problem. (Still wroks fine in Windows, but stopped to work in Linux).
Have you tried following the steps EXACTLY as per post #19 in this thread here as I just did that and it's working fine for me
andy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #26
GeFar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_g View Post
Have you tried following the steps EXACTLY as per post #19 in this thread here as I just did that and it's working fine for me
Yes.
1. De-installed displaylink completly and rebooted.
2. Installed doing exactly these steps and rebooted.
3. No changes for me. (As on video from my post, monitors are forced to be disabled whatever I did)
GeFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:08 PM   #27
nvergontbij
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobstaRobotard View Post
Hopefully updated the script for newer DisplayLink releases...

Please let me know if it works for you and always...

** Test with your own care**

'There doesn't seem to be anything here...'
Is there a chance your ubuntu-setup repo is private? If you want to keep it that way, a gist could get the job done!
nvergontbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #28
GeFar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Fixed for me now...

Exact way:
https://displaylink.org/forum/showpo...93&postcount=4
GeFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:10 AM   #29
RobstaRobotard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvergontbij View Post
'There doesn't seem to be anything here...'
Is there a chance your ubuntu-setup repo is private? If you want to keep it that way, a gist could get the job done!
Ooh, not intentionally, but just a note that the EVDI one is broken again on 5.10.5...

Works fine on 5.10.4 though...

[EDIT]
The original EVDI one, not from my missing script (adding in a second)

Last edited by RobstaRobotard; 01-07-2021 at 02:12 AM. Reason: The original EVDI one, not from my missing script (adding in a second)
RobstaRobotard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:46 AM   #30
RobstaRobotard
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeFar View Post
This working for 5.10.5 also? I've got as far as 5.10.4 working... 5.10.5 was released on 6/01/21...

Logs attached here...
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2021-01-07T03:19:04.772502.zip (402.0 KB, 0 views)
RobstaRobotard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.