Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
busywait

Default How can I log an issue with the DisplayLink Presenter app with Samsung DeX dock?

I want to use a Samsung Note8 in a Samsung DeX dock connected to a Targus USB 3 DisplayLink dock (DOCK120EUZ) for mouse, keyboard and HDMI video. It's almost all working...

The Note8 display comes up on my monitor, and the Samsung phone detects the external monitor and switches the phone to DeX mode instead of Screen Mirror mode. That is all good.

Unfortunately, the mouse pointer will only travel one third (1/3) of the way across the screen - it's as though something in the screen detection has remembered the portrait orientation of the screen, and not updated to reflect the DisplayLink resolution.

The problem is the same if the mouse is plugged into the DisplayLink device, directly into the DeX, or if the mouse is unplugged and the phone screen is in "trackpad mode".

If I move the monitor cable from the DisplayLink to the DeX then everything works fine.

I can't see an Android forum to put this in to, and I think I'm supposed to use a support channel - how would I get in touch with the right people?
busywait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

DisplayLink does not do anything with the mouse pointer on that application or in the docking station.
The presenter application simply does screen cloning. When you plug a docking station directly to an Android phone, you would see the mouse is going all over the screen.
That's why moving the connection of the mouse has no impact on the issue.

I recommend contacting Samsung as I believe the top UI layer is theirs.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #3
busywait

If there's a problem with the mouse pointer handling then I think it's caused by the width of the display being misreported: If the display width is reported as too small, then the phone software stops the mouse pointer being allowed over the full width of the display. Just guessing though.

I'll try and get in contact with Samsung - I'm expecting them to say "it works if you plug the display into the dock, talk to the people that wrote DisplayLink Presenter"
busywait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by busywait View Post
If there's a problem with the mouse pointer handling then I think it's caused by the width of the display being misreported: If the display width is reported as too small, then the phone software stops the mouse pointer being allowed over the full width of the display. Just guessing though.

I'll try and get in contact with Samsung - I'm expecting them to say "it works if you plug the display into the dock, talk to the people that wrote DisplayLink Presenter"
They might send you back to us, but I don't see how we can change the system behaviour without changing the system.
DisplayLink presenter does not manage third party USB devices. It is used to encode and encapsulate pixels to be sent to the hardware decoder in the chip.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, dex, displaylink presenter