Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 2.0 release

Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
MichiganMan

Default Alpha 3 screens not going to sleep

First of all, thank you for all the great work getting this system going. I just used your drivers to go triple monitor on my MacBook Pro 2011 and it's fantastic! For the most part, things are great. So it's on to the details...

I was using the Alpha v2 version for several weeks and saw many of the same issues others have already reported. But the displays did go to sleep as expected and in sync with the monitor attached directly to the MBP. I recently installed the Alpha v3 drivers. Again, I see the improvements as you and others have reported. However, it seems that my DisplayLink screens now do not go to sleep as expected. The monitor connected directly to MBP does go to sleep as expected. This has been observed multiple times over the past several days.

I have attached the log files in hopes that they can help. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you debug this issue. And I'll keep an eye on things and report back if I see anything else/different/etc.

Again, thanks for making this all possible. The upgrade to triple monitor has been very helpful in my work as a programmer.

Cheers...
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (236.3 KB, 1466 views)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
mlukaszek

Thanks for the feedback. We've also found the problem with monitors not going to sleep properly, and the issue is now fixed - so future builds should no longer be affected!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
MichiganMan

Default Beta still has sleep problem

I just installed the first Beta version, and it appears that the sleep problem still exists. My main monitor, connected to the Thunderbolt output, goes to sleep, but my other two monitors, connected to the DisplayLink adapters, do not go to sleep. This is Day 1, so I've only seen the problem once, but it's the same thing I've been seeing with Alpha 3 over the past several weeks.

Let me know if I can provide any other info to help out. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (211.7 KB, 1384 views)
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
MichiganMan

Default Update...

After several days I've noticed that this is now intermittent - sometimes the displays go to sleep properly, sometimes they don't. I'd say it's about 50/50 at this point. I haven't been able to discern any kind of pattern yet, but will try to watch for more clues.

On the plus side, the displays seem to come out of sleep properly and in a decent amount of time. Only one time (out of dozens) was there any issue with the screens coming back online and that was fixed by the usual unplug/replug sequence.

Tags
sleep