Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 2.0 release

Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
edektor

Default Blank screen. Flickers every couple of seconds.

I just got a Plugable UGA-2K-A. After installing the latest 2.0beta1 driver my Macbook Pro recognizes the display and the display is receiving the signal but the screen is blank and every so often the screen will flash and I can see background image I have on my desktop.

I have tried different USB cables. The display I'm hooking it up to is a Dell 2100FP. I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with the latest 2.0beta1 driver. The 1.8 driver didn't seem to be sending a signal to the display at all.

Here is a link to a video showing the problem: http://f.cl.ly/items/0Z0i1y3X32350H142M2m/Video.mov

I also attached the zip that the DisplayLink support tool created.

I contacted Plugable with this info thinking it could be an issue with the adapter and this was their response.
If there are any hubs or extensions between the adapter and Mac, removing them and connecting directly to your Mac is recommended during troubleshooting. I think if the unit is coming up at all it is likely software rather than hardware issues. A quick way to test for hardware issues would be to use the adapter with any Windows XP or later PC: Windows Update should auto-install the drivers so this is a great quick test.
I don't have any windows machines to test on.

Please let me know what to try.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (451.7 KB, 935 views)
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
mlukaszek

It seems your monitor is rotated 90 degrees, but the screen (judging from the background) is rotated 270 degrees. Does the problem also happen when the screen is not rotated?
It's also odd that 1.8 driver didn't work with DL195-based adapter at all; a test on a Windows PC would really tell us a lot.