Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
schafman

Default update to 10.15.6 killed the driver

Hi, dock stopped working after update to 10.15.6 (was working fine with 10.15.5), with a message that displaylink kernel is not compatible. I tried loading latest driver but it did not fix it.

Update: resetting everything, and only after disconnecting and reconnecting the dock, solved the issue.

Last edited by schafman; 08-04-2020 at 05:09 PM. Reason: issue resolved
schafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
zivlevy

Default Same issue

Another issue I am having after the upgrade is that the mac locks every 30 seconds or so when I try to work with the lid closed and the external monitors connected to the dock.

I changed the settings in the energy saver but it does not help.
any advice?
zivlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivlevy View Post
Another issue I am having after the upgrade is that the mac locks every 30 seconds or so when I try to work with the lid closed and the external monitors connected to the dock.

I changed the settings in the energy saver but it does not help.
any advice?
If you are using a DisplayLink Manager App v1.0 then its current limitation is lack of Clamshell mode support. This functionality is available in classic drivers only.

Please check the following article for more information:
https://support.displaylink.com/know...ntroduction-in

If you wish to revert to classic driver you need to uninstall your DisplayLink App and install driver 5.2.5 available under the following link: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1636

Instructions how to revert to classic driver are included in the first article that I linked.

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Last edited by KatarzynaCzaja; 08-14-2020 at 09:09 AM.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
lowvoltage

I have done what you stated above, uninstalled DisplayLink Manager because I need to be able to work with both my laptops closed. The issue I still have is what I mentioned in the other post, both monitors show up in the display settings running MAC OS 10.15.6 but when you click on them to arrange them you can't doing anything with the 2nd monitor it just mirrors what is on monitor 1, but you can't use your mouse or keyboard on it. You can travel the mouse to the monitor but nothing works. I've tried to reinstall the driver, I also have made sure the screen recording is checked and the DisplayLink KEXT is loaded and not blocked.

I'm using the StarTech USB3DDOCKFT with one Monitor on the HDMI and the other on the Display Port, only options I have. Works great with my HP laptop, but not the MAC Book Pro.
lowvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
JohnnyRocks

Default When is dual monitor support coming back?

I'm having the same issue. I uninstalled the Display Link manager, downloaded 5.2.4, and both of my monitors display the same image. System Preferences sees both monitors, but thinks they are one. I am using a Targus 190 dock. Please help soon, as this is frustrating to have 2 monitors, yet not be able to use them both due to a simple software update.
JohnnyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:04 AM   #6
bworsham

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowvoltage View Post
I have done what you stated above, uninstalled DisplayLink Manager because I need to be able to work with both my laptops closed. The issue I still have is what I mentioned in the other post, both monitors show up in the display settings running MAC OS 10.15.6 but when you click on them to arrange them you can't doing anything with the 2nd monitor it just mirrors what is on monitor 1, but you can't use your mouse or keyboard on it. You can travel the mouse to the monitor but nothing works. I've tried to reinstall the driver, I also have made sure the screen recording is checked and the DisplayLink KEXT is loaded and not blocked.

I'm using the StarTech USB3DDOCKFT with one Monitor on the HDMI and the other on the Display Port, only options I have. Works great with my HP laptop, but not the MAC Book Pro.
I have the exact same problem except my docking station is the Dell WD19TB. It works great on my Windows machine, but not on my MAC OS 10.15.6.
bworsham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
TopGarr

Exclamation

Same issue, I am user the Dell DC1000. I can't use my screens anymore @ work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowvoltage View Post

TopGarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #8
silence

Same here using Plugable USB-C Dock. Update to 11.15.6 results in only one useable extended screen, the other is dark.
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #9
cbrack19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
If you are using a DisplayLink Manager App v1.0 then its current limitation is lack of Clamshell mode support. This functionality is available in classic drivers only.

Please check the following article for more information:
https://support.displaylink.com/know...ntroduction-in

If you wish to revert to classic driver you need to uninstall your DisplayLink App and install driver 5.2.4 available under the following link: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1581

Instructions how to revert to classic driver are included in the first article that I linked.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
DisplayLink Support - Have you continued to look into the issue with the legacy driver and macOS 10.15.6?
cbrack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #10
IT-Supporter

First and Second Level from a Company with around 120 Macs on D6000s
Problems begin to arise with more and more Users updating to 10.15.6
IT-Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote