Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 09-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
wfaison10

Default No display detected Displaylink 1.2.58 on Linux Mint 18

Hello, I was able to successfully (I think) install the new DisplayLink driver this morning, however, I am unable to detect any monitors through the DisplayPort and have tested with 2 cables and 2 monitors. I am using a Dell D3100 4K docking station. All other ports are working as intended. I have attached the Linux Support tool zip below. Help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CRPW0100_2016-09-19T13:58:05.743648.zip (59.1 KB, 1 views)
wfaison10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
mlukaszek

Was the installation successful? I don't see evdi kernel module loaded. If it compiled fine, chances are you are using secure boot and you have not signed the kernel module yourself. Either sign it, or switch secure boot off.

Regards,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
wfaison10

Hi Michael,

Is there a way to confirm that EVDI loads on boot? It looks like the module installed correctly.
I tried running sudo modprobe evdi followed by ./DisplayLinkManager but that results in [libevdi] ioctl: drop_master error=-1. I double checked and secure boot is disabled.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
mlukaszek

Hi,

After using our Ubuntu installer, evdi is modprobe'd by the upstart/systemd job as a precondition for DisplayLinkManager start. If it fails, DLM start would not even be attempted.

To confirm evdi loads fine, after modprobe evdi check the module is listed in the output of lsmod. DisplayLinkManager must be running as root. Seeing drop_master error is not fatal.

If the device is connected, and both DLM is running and evdi is loaded, and things still don't work, please attach logs again - as this was not the case in the logs from the original message.

Cheers,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #5
wfaison10

Hi Michael,

I followed your advice to check for evdi loading and starting DLM but I still am not recognizing my display. New logs are attached. Also, it doesn't appear that the upstart script is running at login. Would reinstalling using systemd make any difference?

Thanks,
James
Attached Files
File Type: zip CRPW0100_2016-09-20T09:00:09.444995.zip (117.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
Ophion

Did you get this working?
I'm struggling with the same setup, no video output...
Ophion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #7
jepster

Have you tried the open-source driver "Nouveau"? This is the only one Nvidia graphics card driver which is officially supported by DisplayLink. The official graphics driver from Nvidia is unfortunately not supported. I have opened a thread about this one (http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64930) and DisplayLink is not answering on it.

I must say that the support here by DisplayLink is sparse. Good luck...
jepster is offline   Reply With Quote