Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
Wunsz

I managed to run DL with XPS 15 9560 and D6000 dock. These are my kernel options:

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash intel_iommu=off pcie_port_pm=off acpi_backlight=none acpi_osi=Linux acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=\"Windows 2009\""
I'm using Intel GPU but I have nvidia set up with 387.12 driver and X Server Settings GPU set to Intel (Power Saving Mode).

I also have /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf with following contens:
Code:
Section "Device"
  Identifier "Intel Graphics"
  Driver "Intel"
  Option "AccelMethod" "sna"
  Option "TearFree" "false"
  Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
  Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
  Option "ExaNoComposite" "false"
  Option "Tiling" "true"
  Option "Pageflip" "true"
  Option "Backlight" "intel_backlight"
  BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection
I have 2 external monitors attached (i plug in the USB-C after logging in) and it seems to work. Though I still have random disconnects from time to time. I have however noticed that they happen less frequently when laptop is on AC power from normal adapterand dock attached via USB3 to the laptop.
Wunsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #2
xdannyx_

Default Fixed for me!

I followed "Joachim Martillo"s solution and unfortunately it did not help me.

But then I followed "Wunsz"s solution and It Worked!

Thanks!

p.s.
I have 17.10 running on an ASUS laptop (intel i7 and Nvidia GTX 950M) using Asus MB168B monitor
xdannyx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
edclement

Default Working Solution

After a few days of struggling, I managed to find a solution on Ubuntu 17.10. Hope this works for everyone having problems with the D6000 dock. Below format is markdown (to lazy to convert it)

## Instructions for fixing the blanking monitor on dock issue within Ubuntu.
**Make sure to reboot after making the changes!**

#### Disable USB AutoSuspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/default/tlp` and change the below value from `1` to `0`

```
USB_AUTOSUSPEND=0
```

* `sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/01-usb-dock.rules`. This will create a new file.

```
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="2b95", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="0005", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0003", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04d9", ATTR{idProduct}=="0143", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04f3", ATTR{idProduct}=="24a1", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0608", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0610", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0620", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="06c4", ATTR{idProduct}=="c411", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="17e9", ATTR{idProduct}=="6006", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
```

#### Disable Display Power Management
* `sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf` Append the below options to the file.

```
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-3-2"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-2-1"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection
```

#### Disable audio suspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`. Comment out the line indicated below.

```
### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle
```

#### Disale USB wake in BIOS
Boot into the BIOS by pressing the F12 key as the machine turns on. Under `Power Management` >> `USB Wake Support` uncheck both boxes.
edclement is offline   Reply With Quote