Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2024, 02:24 PM   #11
fleiscpx

I am having the same issue. Unfortunately the steps posted by amgz5 did not work for me. I am going to create a support case as well.
fleiscpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 03:49 PM   #12
aardWolf

I sent an email to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com about this, but I was able to get a crash report in the Console of a process called replayd which is responsible for screen recording. I sent the log in.

I also have been able to trigger this issue at will by manually killing the replayd process from the terminal while screen sharing in Zoom.

Quitting the DisplayLink Manager software (from the system bar on my laptop screen while locked up) then reopening makes the screens start working again. I'm looking into a way to restart DisplayLink Manager in a quicker manner until we have a proper fix.

I'm also keeping up with this issue on the Zoom board here:
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetin...cOS/m-p/172288
aardWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:48 PM   #13
bekkahc20

I have also been experiencing this in for multiple users in our environment. I am testing the instructions from amgz5 to see if it will resolve.

I, however, have also seen the issue in Slack Huddles when screen sharing.

Typically, I will only be able to screen share for no more than a minute or two without my screens freezing. After following the steps from amgz5 I have been on a Zoom screen share for ~10 mins. Hopefully, this is the fix....
bekkahc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 07:05 PM   #14
bekkahc20

Well, issue is back. I have pulled the crash logs and Zoom logs and opening a ticket with Zoom.
bekkahc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #15
displaylinkuser1

Default Latest instructions

I just received (via email support) these latest instructions. It looks similar to the manual instructions posted already in this thread. Other than, a new driver. I just went through these steps myself, so too early to determine if it works. Sharing nonetheless.

Download DisplayLink Installation Cleaner for macOS.
https://support.displaylink.com/know...tool-for-macos
https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...lation-cleaner

Run End-User Cleaner tool.

Select actions to be performed by the End-User Cleaner tool. All actions are enabled by default to fully clean the workstation. The actions are described further in this paragraph.

Click "Clean" button.

A system prompt will appear, requesting the user to provide password. Please provide the password.

End-User Cleaner tool will proceed with the cleaning. This may take up to few minutes.

Depending on selected options a restart can be or be not needed. If it is not required, the tool can be closed by clicking "OK" button. I restart is required, tool displays the "Restart" button instead. To complete the cleaning process, please click the "Restart" button to reboot the system.

Download and install this version of the driver : https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...9?filetype=exe
displaylinkuser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:02 PM   #16
displaylinkuser1

Default So far so good

It's been less than a week. I've been on zoom, screensharing several times. So far, so good, with the instructions posted above.
displaylinkuser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:07 PM   #17
aardWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinkuser1 View Post
It's been less than a week. I've been on zoom, screensharing several times. So far, so good, with the instructions posted above.
I got the same instructions from my support ticket, and that has been working. Unfortunately this means we are stuck on version 1.9 for now. That version is missing some of the screen zoom features, which I typically use several times a day. Still, at least my boss isn't mad that my screen shares keep locking up.

I also used the web version of the Zoom client temporarily as a viable workaround.
aardWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:44 AM   #18
JoshR

This Zoom sharing freeze issue has absolutely been driving me up the wall. . . Just followed the instructions to clean and reinstall 1.9. Fingers crossed that works, will try to remember to repost back here next week
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freeze, mac, screensharing, zoom