Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
ar-ftw

Default DisplayLink Manager not found on MAC OS High Sierra

My setup is a Thinkpad 40AF Dock with a MacBook Air Early 2014 running High Sierra (10.13.6).

Issue 1: I am unable to find and upload DisplayLink Manager despite downloading and installing Release: 4.3.1 from Oct 10, 2018 on the Downloads page. I already went to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessibility and checked off DisplayLinkUserAgent.

Issue 2: I purchased an Apple thunderbolt 2 cable and also an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter to connect the laptop to the dock. I'm not 100% certain whether the wires are working even though they're genuine Apple. However, I suspect solving Issue 1 will inform whether this Issue 2 is really a problem.

Attached is my DisplayLinkInfo output.

Previously, I had the same Thinkpad 40AF Dock with a MB1 MacBook Pro with no issues thanks to DisplayLink Manager downloaded and installed.

Any help appreciated!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20230609_082848.zip (1.19 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by ar-ftw; 06-09-2023 at 12:44 PM.
ar-ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Unfortunately the docking station is not detected under the USB bus. Can you please check the following article: My DisplayLink device does not work at all when connecting on macOS X
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #3
ar-ftw

Thanks for the reply!

I've since upgraded to Big Sur and am now able to download and launch DisplayLink. However, I still cannot get any device to be recognized when connected to the Thunderbolt port - I've tried the ThinkVision 40AF dock, a Logitech Brio camera, and Logitech MX Master 3S mouse.

I'm thinking something may be wrong with the actual port. Prior to this, we never used it at all.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:13 PM   #4
ar-ftw

finally got it to work! the trick was using a caldigit thunderbolt dock (CTS-US-60) connected to my macbook air.

though it doesn't have all the ports, I was able to link in all of the remaining peripherals (second monitor, jabra speak, logitech brio, etc) into the thinkpad 40af and connect the thinkpad 40af via usb-c/usb-a into the caldigit dock and it all works. a bit convoluted, but glad to have it all working.

Tags
displaylink manager, high sierra, thunderbolt 2