Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi Shadowcat,

We have checked the first developer beta of 10.12.2 and we cannot reproduce the Mission Control crash anymore.
Since this kind of issues is related to timings, the result may be different for different systems so would be great to know how it looks for everyone else.

Also, the internal screen not waking from sleep seems to be OK now (only affected a few systems).

Regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:19 AM   #12
Jiro

Default Should I wait for both 10.12.2 and your next driver?

Dear Carlo, I am still holding updating my Mac OS to Sierra (10.12) because of the problems. Do you mean the Sierra 10.12.2 will solve most of the issues even with your current driver (ver. 2.6)? If so, I can just wait for the official release of Mac OS 12.2.2 by Apple. Or, the issues can be solved only by the combination of Mac OS 10.12.2 plus your next updated driver (ver. 2.6.1 or 2.7)? If the latte is correct, please tell us when is the expected date of your release of the new driver?
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:15 AM   #13
shaunvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi Shadowcat,

We have checked the first developer beta of 10.12.2 and we cannot reproduce the Mission Control crash anymore.
Since this kind of issues is related to timings, the result may be different for different systems so would be great to know how it looks for everyone else.

Also, the internal screen not waking from sleep seems to be OK now (only affected a few systems).

Regards,
Carlo
I just installed the beta and am seeing the same, it looks like this horrible bug may finally be fixed!

I've only tried it a few minutes, but had no crash or logout swiping between desktops.
shaunvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #14
shaunvis

Now that I've used it a bit, it's still not 100%.

The logout bug is gone, but glitches remain.
- It's still not very smooth and a bit choppy when moving around
- Dragging things to another display results in black windows until you click on another app or something
shaunvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #15
stfm

With the new Mac Book pro´s that only have USB-c, I don't think Apple will ever support anything over USB3. It's not really in their interest, and would be out-of-character. I don't know how much support Apple provided before; but if there was any, I think it will stop now.
stfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:45 AM   #16
Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmee View Post
sometimes randomly my usb screen will just go black and my mac will just log me out too

product is basically useless atm
Im into about the fifth day with this display, and am finding more and more things which just dont work.
I think this is the most incompatible screen i ever had.. within a couple of weeks it will be relegated to the shelf to collect dust unless either ASUS come up with some drivers that work, or Apple fix the causes..
I was considering buying a zenbook lately but after this experience.. i think thats me done!
cant watch my apple dhcp content, mouse lags, scrolling freeze, no mission control as such, screen wont wake after sleep.. as well as the logout issue.. i have automatic login set with single user and it still logs me out.
Im starting to conclude that ASUS have released something that people are going to find out is hardly usable for many people's purposes.
Shame it was a good idea, but the incompatibilities make this product as you say USELESS to any serious user.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buggy, lags, macos, sierra