Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2023, 04:58 PM   #31
displayking

If you have displaylink working, I would not upgrade. My 3rd monitor isn't working. See my thread here
displayking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:26 PM   #32
CartWheels

Post Reducing refresh rate fixed it for me

I just upgraded to Sonoma from Ventura, and was having the same issues posted here.

The fix for me was *reducing refresh rate from 100Hz to 60Hz* -- completely resolved the issue.

Hardware:
* MacBook M1 Air (2020)
* DL6100 dock with DisplayLink
* 3 monitors (two standard 1080 screens and one 4k widescreen)

Issues:
* All other non-4k screens worked perfectly fine, but the main 4k screen had extremely laggy scroll and text input specifically, basically unusable

Resolution:
* Updated to latest DisplayLink manager (v1.10)
* Followed one of the other suggestions here around refresh rate, didn't change anything else (still used default resolution, no other system settings changes, etc.)

Hope this helps others.
CartWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:04 AM   #33
slederer87

Hi,

I'm on a Macbook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro, on Sanoma 14.1.1 (23B81). I'm using a Targus Doch190-C with the Diplaylink Manager release 1.10 from from Oct 26. 2023 (https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ownloads/macos).

My docing station is unusable. It connect/disconnects permanently, and the webcam (Logitech) is also not working, or if it's working it's super slow.

What do I need to change to make everything work again?
slederer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 11:07 AM   #34
DaveAsh

Default Startech & Mac

Hi all,

I've just tried to set up a new Startech USB-C dock (https://www.startech.com/en-gb/unive...116u-usbc-dock) with a 2023 Macbook Air with M2 chip. Downloaded appropriate displaylink drivers etc but not only do my external monitors not show (2 x Asus via HDMI into the dock), the laptop beeps every other second when the dock is plugged into the USB-C ports and the brightness goes up & down. Anyone experienced anything like this? Have emailed Startech as their support aren't open on weekends but thought I'd check here too.

Mac OS is 14.1.1

Thanks,
DaveAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #35
koptimist

Default 3rd monitor not working

My config:
1. Macbook Pro M2 pro
2. Dell Docking Station 6000
3. Monitor 1 - Dell P2319H
4. Monitor 2 - Dell P2319H
5. Monitor 3 - BenQ 2480
6. MacOS - Sonoma 14.1.2
7. Display Link Manager -1.10.0

Only two monitors work at one time. Two of the monitors are connected with DP port, and one monitor is connected with HDMI port. Irrespective of which port is used only 2 monitors work. Was anybody able to resolve this?
koptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 03:32 PM   #36
dds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVJG View Post
I upgraded the other day. Everything seems to work fine except there is an annoying purple screen sharing icon in the menu bar on all screens whenever display link is running.

Just upgraded to a new laptop running to Sonoma from an older laptop on Ventura.

Wow - that menu bar icon IS annoying! Is there any way to remove it or hide it? This is new in Sonoma right?
dds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 02:23 PM   #37
teddyfulk

Default Ended up switching devices

I thought it was a problem with display link, but it turned out that Sonoma display link and the media gear dock station I was using ended up being the problem. I bought a smaller dock station off of Amazon for 90 bucks. It's the pluggable one and works perfectly with the updated October 2023 display link upgrade on my Apple M1 MacBook Pro with two monitors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pulgable_display_link.jpg (4.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg d2-02_orig.jpg (65.0 KB, 0 views)
teddyfulk is offline   Reply With Quote