Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release

Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Saturn2888

Default Cannot play any video files

I can't seem to play any video files on the display. Works on all of my cards including an nVIDIA one I put in for testing purposes. The USB monitor can play the audio from the video, but not the video itself. I was hoping there might be a future update which will allow the playback of video much like the AVI and MKV files one would normally get from anime definitely don't play at all.

Seems to play YouTube and Hulu videos just fine though probably bc it's running in Flash and not in Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

Dragging a video window into both displays at the same time while it was playing froze up the computer for a while in the same way it would freeze up when minimizing an OpenGL application. Weird.

Last edited by Saturn2888; 02-23-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
rick

Default Can't play DVD

I have my PC connected to my TV which is 20' away from my PC.

I was able to get everything working except DVD by simply using mirror. I am not able to play a DVD on my PC and watch it on my DVD which is connected to the Display Link/Diamond device.

Love it but not being able to play DVD's is a deal breaker.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Saturn2888

Actually, since 5.6 this was fixed. I'd recommend upgrading as it pipes the graphics card output through your DisplayLink unit so long as you're using Windows Vista or 7.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Wim

Are you running in Windows Basic mode? Windows updates can sometimes break our video in basic mode implementation, which means you need to update to the latest release.

The easier fix is to use Aero mode, which is not affected by this problem.

Wim
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Saturn2888

That explains why the monitor wasn't working on an older laptop I had because it's Win7 and only allows for Aero Basic. I should switch it to Classic Mode and that might make it work properly. That's how I run it on my own system.