Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
tuath

Default Win 10 Anniversary with f.lux

DisplayLink seems to be working well with all my usb docs or usb monitors with the new 8m0 drivers.

There is a bug when f.lux tries to change the colors while a usb monitor is connected... i have to disable it cause it constantly flips from yellowing to whitish to yellowish to whitish... cpu becomes slow tooo

i have to disable it for 1 hour to be able to work...

I didn't have this problem with 7.9m on win 10 10512...
tuath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
Joel0

I'm having the same problem. I hope there is a solution soon. My eyes hurt without F.lux and my productivity suffers without my DisplayLink monitor.
Joel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:58 AM   #3
tuath

ouf, i am happy i am not the only one... that makes it so much harder to diagnose...
tuath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
Joel0

I was also glad to find I was not the only one. Some people may say F.lux + DisplayLink is a rare combination.

I have contacted the F.lux developers about this and the reply is, "This has been reported to Microsoft and seems to be a displaylink issue... Will let you know what we find out."

I assume the bug is related to the whole new driver interface for DisplayLink devices with Windows 10 Anniversary (http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/525125). For a whole new interface, I would say the transition went fairly well. Other than the incompatibility with F.lux it's been a smooth upgrade in my experience.
Joel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
Wim

Hi

We are aware of this issue and been talking to Flux about it. There is a new graphics architecture for DisplayLink displays in Windows 10 Anniversary update, which we have worked with Microsoft on. This gives better compatibility for DisplayLink graphics, but it looks like something is wrong when we use the new Windows interface for DisplayLink graphics and flux is enabled.

The DisplayLink driver can no longer have any impact on the native graphics drivers, so this is not directly caused by DisplayLink. The suspicion is that this issue could be with the OS and it has been raised with Microsoft to investigate further.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #6
Wim

Hi

Just an update on this. We've investigated with flux on this further and it appears it is a problem that needs to be fixed in the flux application. It is not a DisplayLink or OS bug.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:46 AM   #7
ottadini

Default Windows 7 enhancements?

Hi, is there any chance that a fix might be in the works for Win 7?

I have 2 monitors attached to my laptop through the DisplayLink USB dock, but only my laptop screen is affected by f.lux.
ottadini is offline   Reply With Quote