Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #41
Ruud

Default Black-out with only FireFox and Thunderbird

Hi James,

Many times, within the first half-hour after starting up my laptop I experienced a black-out. Normally I would work with chrome and eclipse, firefox, thunderbird, and other programs simultaneously, so it is difficult to point to a particular program.. however today I had a meeting and left my laptop with just firefox and thunderbird opened and it still had a black-out which I discovered after I came back.. so without doing a thing, the black-out still occurred.

Best regards,
Ruud
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #42
red91182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Which browser are you using? Do you get the same issue on other browsers?

Thanks,
James
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit with IE9 and Chrome. I see the same freezing problems with both Chrome and IE.
red91182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #43
TargusLevel3

Default Ruud, please resend system_details.txt

Ruud,
Please resend system_details.txt
Thanks, Kevin
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #44
Ruud

Default resend system_details.txt

Hi Kevin,
Just sent you a private message. Did you receive it OK?

More info: yesterday 3 black-outs in total (including one which swapped my mouse button assigment again, grrrr)
Today: none so far.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #45
Ruud

Default Network traffic related black-outs

Hi James and Kevin,

Yesterday I did have some black-outs later that day. To me they seemed related to my laptop using the network a lot:
I had to index a couple of projects (in Eclipse) from a network server together with streaming audio from beatport.. and BOOM.. black-out.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #46
tbm

Hello all,

I also have an Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook connected to the Dell D3000 docking. This is my second one. Dell replaced it, because the first docking wasn't recognized by Windows 8 anymore.

I'm experiencing the same issues reported here... but also a new one:

When i connect the docking for the first time to the Dell XPS 13 then Windows 8 will recognize it and it performs an firmware update...

Then i can work with the docking and of course when watching video (with VLC) for some-while the screen will go blank and it seems like it's resetting...

Then the screen will show up after some seconds.. This behavior keeps repeating, and will become more annoying when also using the Gigabit Ethernet... So i had to disable it

When i switch the power off the docking and the next day i power it on en start up the Dell XPS 13 the docking doesn't get recognized! So every time i had to uninstall the DisplayLink software and run the EndUserUninstaller...

Reinstalling the latest drivers, and then the docking gets recognized again...

Does anyone has a clue why this is happening?

Last edited by tbm; 06-22-2013 at 05:04 PM.
tbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #47
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm View Post
Hello all,

I also have an Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook connected to the Dell D3000 docking. This is my second one. Dell replaced it, because the first docking wasn't recognized by Windows 8 anymore.

I'm experiencing the same issues reported here... but also a new one:

When i connect the docking for the first time to the Dell XPS 13 then Windows 8 will recognize it and it performs an firmware update...

Then i can work with the docking and of course when watching video (with VLC) for some-while the screen will go blank and it seems like it's resetting...

Then the screen will show up after some seconds.. This behavior keeps repeating, and will become more annoying when also using the Gigabit Ethernet... So i had to disable it

When i switch the power off the docking and the next day i power it on en start up the Dell XPS 13 the docking doesn't get recognized! So every time i had to uninstall the DisplayLink software and run the EndUserUninstaller...

Reinstalling the latest drivers, and then the docking gets recognized again...

Does anyone has a clue why this is happening?
Hi,

Can you attach the debug logs as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #48
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
Hi James and Kevin,

Yesterday I did have some black-outs later that day. To me they seemed related to my laptop using the network a lot:
I had to index a couple of projects (in Eclipse) from a network server together with streaming audio from beatport.. and BOOM.. black-out.
Hi,

Can you update your graphics driver to the latest recommended from the Dell site (v9.17.10.3062), your chipset driver to v9.3.0.1021 and also your BIOS to vA09.

Link to these downloads is: http://www.dell.com/support/troubles...s-13-l321x-mlk

As I think the issue is timing related I want to rule out any system level issues on the notebook.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #49
Ruud

Default Upgraded to latest drivers

Hi James,

Just sent you my latest logfiles. I upgraded my lap-top to the latest drivers as you requested. The BIOS is veriso A09 now, the video driver is also the number you requested. I just can't seem to find the chipset dirver version somewhere. Perhaps it is stated somewhere in the logfiles?
Could you verify that on you end?

I'll let you know if I have more black-outs still.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #50
tbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Can you attach the debug logs as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
James,

This is my second D3000 docking and i've updated the video driver, chipset driver and the latest bios you've recommended... Now the system can't find the docking anymore, so i can't produce logfiles... Same behavior as with my 1st docking... Strange! I think it's an hardware problem???
tbm is offline   Reply With Quote