Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
Arctic_cougar

Unhappy Targus ACP77EU - Monitor(s) not recognised/No DisplayLink icon in tray?

I am trying to connect 2 x 24" HP Monitors (Res: 1920 x 1200, Model No: ZR2440W) to a Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop running Windows 10 x64 through a Targus ACP77EU Docking Station.

With the monitor(s) connected to the dock I don't have a DisplayLink icon in my system tray and Windows 10 cannot detect the monitors in Display Settings.

The monitors are connected via DisplayPort Cables (although I have tried DVI as well with same results), they both have power and work fine without the docking station so no reason to suspect a monitor issue.

I have tried various combinations of cable setups from the monitor to the dock, as well as removing the power cable. Also the dock is able to power my laptop and usb devices without issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get the monitors working?

Thanks,

Scott

PS. It's also worth saying I don't have the option to return this under warranty so I'm in serious need of another solution...
  • Is DisplayLink software installed correctly? - I have no reason to believe it isn't.
  • Is the DisplayLink service running? - Yes.
  • Does the USB device appear in device manager? - Yes.
  • Has the USB device booted correctly? - Yes.
  • Do you have the latest graphics driver installed? - Yes.
  • Do you have the latest USB 3.0 host controller driver installed? - Yes.
  • After checking the above have you attached the log files? - attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip DESKTOP-9A5K81H_20160730_114445.zip (1.87 MB, 0 views)
Arctic_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:37 AM   #2
Arctic_cougar

UPDATE: I followed some advice seen on other threads and uninstalled the DisplayLink software and ran the cleaner tool.

I then reinstalled the DisplayLink software and now have the icon in the system tray. However I still am not able to get the monitors to display. When I hover over the tray icon it says "no DisplayLink devices detected". If I unplug the USB cable and reconnect it the icon changes and the hover message says "No displays connected".

So still can't get external monitors to work.

I have updated my log files after the changes, see attached for the latest. Again, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display not detected.jpg (6.7 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DESKTOP-9A5K81H_20160731_013359.zip (2.98 MB, 0 views)
Arctic_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote