Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
AlvaroIzaguirre

Thumbs down Dock Station Diamond Multimedia Ultra Dock DS3900V2 Does not Work with Win10

I have installed the software DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 9.3 M2, the software is installed without issues, even the compatibility is executed previously en no issues found, nevertheless when I try to use the dock this does not do anything, it does not even appear on the Display Adapter section of the Device Manager, in here I can see only the Intel and Nvidia adapters.

The Windows 10 is:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
Version: 1809
OS Build: 17763.1217

Also on the Icon tray I can see the DisplayLink icon but if I press it I cannot see any monitor or dock connected.

Is there any other required configuration?
AlvaroIzaguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum.

May you please follow the 3rd link in my signature and gather log files for me? I would like to verify them.

In the meantime, you may continue with the following testing as to verify a potential hardware issues:
  • Plug the dock into a different USB port - This will confirm that there is not an issue with the original USB port
  • Inspect the USB Up-Link port on the dock for damage - This could cause connectivity issues
  • Replace the USB cable connected to the dock and computer - This will confirm that there isn't an issue with the cable
  • Plug the dock into a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 extension cable to force the dock to enumerate down to USB 2.0 mode - This will confirm if there is an issue on the USB 3.0 path
  • Does the device behave the same when plugged into another computer? - This will confirm if the issue lays with the original computer or dock.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
AlvaroIzaguirre

Regarding your points:

Plug the dock into a different USB port - This will confirm that there is not an issue with the original USB port
Already done, there is no changes on the status

Inspect the USB Up-Link port on the dock for damage - This could cause connectivity issues
There is no issues on the cable

Replace the USB cable connected to the dock and computer - This will confirm that there isn't an issue with the cable
There are no issues with the cable, the dock works in another laptop

Plug the dock into a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 extension cable to force the dock to enumerate down to USB 2.0 mode - This will confirm if there is an issue on the USB 3.0 path
The laptop in which does not work only has USB 3.0 ports, also I connect the dock with a USB-C adapter and with a multi port, still the laptop does not recognizes the dock

Does the device behave the same when plugged into another computer? - This will confirm if the issue lays with the original computer or dock.
The dock works OK with the another laptop

I will load the logs later today
Old 06-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
AlvaroIzaguirre

Actually on the other laptop the dock only works when I connect it to a USB2.0 port, it does no t work on the USB 3.0 ports, and the laptop with the issue only have USB3.0 ports, how can I make the dock work with a USB 3.0 or USB C port?, with USB C port I try to connect with an adapter and it didn't work.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #5
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

May you please gather log files? I would like to verify them before moving further with the analysis.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Jakub
Old 06-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
AlvaroIzaguirre

I already sent the log files following the instructions on the link tat you sent. Here are the same files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20200610_141104.zip (510.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for your patience and log files.

Based on them I believe that there may be an issue with the USB hub. As you said that the dock works with USB 2.0, may you please connect it by using the 2.0 cable? Even though you are not having a 2.0 port on your laptop you may use a 2.0 extension cable and connect it which will force the port to enumerate in 2.0 mode.

Thank you for checking that for me as beside it I do not see any software issue that could be causing this outcome for you.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 06-15-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
AlvaroIzaguirre

If I connect the dock with a USB 2.0 hub the dock works, why does the dock does not work with USB 3.0 or USB C?
Old 06-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for your fast reply.

This proves that it is indeed a hardware issue. The dock is probably faulty on the USB hub or the cable/ports which one it is I cannot determine without having it physically tested. USB 2.0 operates on the lower speed than USB 3.0/C. Probably the dock is not able to operate right now on that speed so it lowers it to 2.0 in order to just work.

In case of any further questions, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Jakub
Old 06-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #10
AlvaroIzaguirre

OK, but if this is a HW issue, whats next?, do I have to work only with USB2.0?, because also the resolution does not seems to be the best as when I connect directly to the HDMI port.