Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #11
TargusLevel3

Default ACP70 Woes

Targus is aware of a hardware issue that has been diagnosed with some model ACP70 Universal Docking Stations Items number 60 and lower. This issue is most easily recognized in the Windows Device Manager where no USB Display Adapters and no Targus Giga Ethernet Network adapters are present. It is also when neither of the dock’s display ports or Ethernet ports work at all. The issue is intermittent and temperature dependent over time, showing up mostly at colder temperatures. Manufacturing has produced at ECN for a workaround for all newly manufactured docks but for deployed units that exhibit the misbehavior, please contact Targus for a free exchange.

NOTE, THIS ASSUMES THAT THE PC AND ITS DISPLAY ADAPTOR AND USB 3.0 HOST CONTROLLER ARE UP TO DATE. ALSO, THIS IS ONLY FOR MODEL ACP70 ITEM 60 OR ITEM 51, see the bottom of the dock.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #12
Chris Arnold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusLevel3 View Post
Targus is aware of a hardware issue that has been diagnosed with some model ACP70 Universal Docking Stations Items number 60 and lower. This issue is most easily recognized in the Windows Device Manager where no USB Display Adapters and no Targus Giga Ethernet Network adapters are present. It is also when neither of the dock’s display ports or Ethernet ports work at all. The issue is intermittent and temperature dependent over time, showing up mostly at colder temperatures. Manufacturing has produced at ECN for a workaround for all newly manufactured docks but for deployed units that exhibit the misbehavior, please contact Targus for a free exchange.

NOTE, THIS ASSUMES THAT THE PC AND ITS DISPLAY ADAPTOR AND USB 3.0 HOST CONTROLLER ARE UP TO DATE. ALSO, THIS IS ONLY FOR MODEL ACP70 ITEM 60 OR ITEM 51, see the bottom of the dock.
Unreal!!! God bless the internet. Using a blowdryer got my docking station to work again! I would never have figured that out on my own. I work in a relatively cool basement, and I guess the docking station is incompatible with that arrangement. I went through tier 1 support, and they could not fix the problem. This thread was the answer. I'm still within my 3-year warranty. May I please have a new docking station, too?

Mine is a #51. I've been working with support since last week, and went through every update I could do: BIOS, displaylink drivers, Nvidia drivers, windows updates, etc....
Attached Files
File Type: zip CHRISARNOLD-PC_20150327_163111.zip (623.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-30-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Chris Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #13
mangus580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
Unreal!!! God bless the internet. Using a blowdryer got my docking station to work again! I would never have figured that out on my own. I work in a relatively cool basement, and I guess the docking station is incompatible with that arrangement. I went through tier 1 support, and they could not fix the problem. This thread was the answer. I'm still within my 3-year warranty. May I please have a new docking station, too?

Mine is a #51. I've been working with support since last week, and went through every update I could do: BIOS, displaylink drivers, Nvidia drivers, windows updates, etc....

Amazing! I went out of town for a week - and took my laptop with me. Got home, and it the dock wouldnt work!

Tried the hair dryer - and voila!

Looks like it stays warm when its in use.... and when its unhooked for a while, it acts up.
mangus580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:10 AM   #14
mangus580

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusLevel3 View Post

Is this a warranty thing? Or is Targus replacing any Item 60 and 51's out there?

I have 2 Item 51's, both exhibit the same issue. I would like to get them replaced if possible!!
mangus580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Mangus,

I'd advise contacting Targus technical support directly, including the dock ITEM# and serial number, to discuss this.

DisplayLink does not design or manufacture USB hubs, so this is not appropriate for us to comment or handle this.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #16
jrenna

Default Targus ACP70USZ Won't Display

For some reason the Targus ACP70 will not display anymore. It was working last week fine, but now I am having issues.

Tried reboot, repowering, different ports, different laptop, plugging directly into what I am testing etc, but still no luck.

Any idea?

I do not know when this device was purchased.
jrenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #17
meghtitan

I also have a ACP70USZ that has this same issue.
meghtitan is offline   Reply With Quote